Are there connecting cabins?

cuppycakemom

We're starting to plan a group cruise for next Jan on Carnival's Destiny.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me (or point me in the direction of the information) if there are such things as connecting cabins? We have friends who are thinking of coming and they were asking because they were going to bring grandma along for the cruise as well, and wanted to know if they could get connecting cabins (most interested in a balcony cabin).

Thanks in advance for the information!!

Ahhhh! Thanks! Now that you pointed that out, i see them.

I will have to ask a friend of mine what ship it was that she sailed on because I could have sworn she mentioned that they connected with another couple that they were friends with and the kids would go back and forth (and I know they had a balcony)...maybe it wasn't with Carnival.

You can have the cabin steward open the partition between the balconies and go from one room to the other that way. I just read an interesting comment on a review of the Pride that said if you get connecting rooms you lose the sofa and have a small chair instead and that the connecting doors are sound proof and you can hear the people next door talking. The reviewer suggested that you forego the connecting doors and use the balconies.

We just had a connecting cabin with my daughter and a friend this past week on the Glory, however it was an ocean view cabin. We loved our cabins though, both had full size sleep sofas. Sometimes we would leave the doors between the cabins open and other times closed. As long as both connecting doors were closed their was plenty of privacy and very sound proof however if one of those doors was open and one closed you could hear talking in the next cabin.

You can have the cabin steward open the partition between the balconies and go from one room to the other that way. I just read an interesting comment on a review of the Pride that said if you get connecting rooms you lose the sofa and have a small chair instead and that the connecting doors are sound proof and you can hear the people next door talking. The reviewer suggested that you forego the connecting doors and use the balconies.

OOOOH! This might be exactly what they are looking for!!

Anyone know more about this? Is it easily done?

I'll go look for the review of the Pride that you are speaking of!!

THANKS!

Archived