If you have 1 choice!!!

fefe

For all of you experienced St. Thomas/St. John cruisers, if you had to choose between going to St. John or spending time at a St. Thomas beach (Sapphire,Megans,Emerald etc.), which is top choice, in your opinion?!! Thanks for any help deciding!

• 3 weeks later...

i have been in st. thomas a couple of times, but only once was a land vacation where we went over to st. john. we took a ferry, from where i cannot remember.

when you guys have gone to st. john, i am guessing you had to have gotten there by water taxi or ferry. how far are these embarkation points to the st. john's ferries/water taxis from the pier? can you walk there? is it right outside of the pier area like the water taxi to atlantis is in nassau?

My absolute favorite beach in the Carib is TRUNK BAY on St. John. The beach is very wide with very soft white sand and the water is that very calm deep tourquoise blue like you see in the postcards. The ferry ride from red Hook is very scenic, and shopping at Mongoose Junction after a relaxing day at the beach is a blast:-)

If you do a google search for Red Hook ferry schedule you'll be able to view & print their daily schedule.

Hint: Arrive early for your ferry to secure a seat on the upper deck of the ferry for the best view and have your camera readily available for some great pics.

Enjoy! Annie

If you've not been to St. Thomas - stay there and go to the beach - Sapphire, Coki (better snorkeling in my opinion) or Megan's Bay. The beaches are beautiful.

If you've been to St. Thomas before, then venture to St. John. While making your decision, remember to get to St. John on your own, you have to take a cab to Red Hook, catch the ferry and then another cab to the beach in St. John. And reverse that to get back. It takes time to do that and costs about $50-$55 r/t per person on your own. If you stay on St. Thomas, it's a cab ride to the beach.

I do have to say that Trunk Bay was one of the prettiest beaches I've ever been to in my lifetime...and that includes Tahiti and Hawaii....

Kathy

Archived