just off Mariner 1-20 -27

justjd

I want to share my experience as a platinum member, bingo (no more "win a cruise bingo") winner sailing in a Grand Suite. Only sailed inside cabin/promenade before so this was a sensory overload for us. Access to concierge lounge was superb, with the very personable Fernando hosting us each evening. Fernando made possible a very elegant sailaway party for my group, providing the Champagne glasses, Champagne was preordered, and Martini glasses for the cocktail hour. Fernando is also very charming and handsome. We cannot say enough about the service we recieved from all RCCL staff. Our cabing attendant was Catur, and he was very good at keeping the room stocked with the coffee (french press) teas and ice, cleaned daily while we were out. One note, if you bring liquor onboard be sure to keep it out of sight. Cabin stewards are told to report smuggled booze to their bosses. We had no problem. I must say, when we walked into our room I was blown away by the very beauty and elegance of our cabin. The pictures don't do it justice. The wood, granite, marble and tile are matched only by the lighting which created a boutique ambience. We have stayed in some very nice hotels, and this was right up there (Ritz style). My group enjoyed meeting there for everything from dinner on formal night to sessions on where to go when in port. I was happy to be able to share. Needless to say, I miss it but now I must go to work. It is about zero outside in Michigan, but I am still sporting the suntan I acquired in the Carribbean as a little souvenier that keeps giving. I will have a complete review to follow.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Mariner! She is our favorite Voyager Class ship! We'll sail on her again for Christmas this year right before she leaves the East Coast. I hope Fernando will still be on as Concierge then! Thanks for your review.

Archived