Review QM 2 January 3 rd

Germancruiser

Thank you, Michael, for posting the link to your review. I think you did an excellent job of sharing your feelings about the ship and the sailing. You were very objective and tried to share the good and the not so good. I totally, agree when on the QM2, the ship is the destination. I wish you many wonderful voyages in the future.

Beth

Michael,

Nice review. As for the dining experience, I have found a correlation between bad service and being on the second floor of the restaurant. Of the complaints I have heard, many have been with people sitting upstairs. The only bad service we have ever had in the Britannia was breakfast once, when we were sat upstairs. We always have a table downstairs and cannot compliment our wait staff enough.

It might be an idea to ask for a "ground floor" table next time and compare?

James

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of the cruise. I am sorry your waiter did such a poor job. We were upstairs on table 294 and our waiter and sommelier couldn't have been better. One day we went up to the Boardwalk Cafe and had hamburgers and drinks out on the sun deck -- you should try it !

Thank yoiu so much Beth. As it was my first review- and english is not my first language... LOL. I wish you too many wonderful voyages! Maybe we met one day on Roll Call. If it´s on Cunard or X.

Greetings

Michael

I tried to write to you last night but the message board here would not let me! And it ate my message, too!

Perhaps we should try another voyage to see if the service problems get sorted out. What do you think? :)

Here is the link the my very first every written review from my very first Cunard Cruise.

I tried to keep as short as possible. Sorry about the misstakes as english is not my first language!

Greetings Michael

Excellent review!

I'm sorry about the cab ride. The truth is NYC cab drivers don't know Brooklyn. Red Hook used to be a place that cab drivers literally refused to go to it was so bad, so even veteran cab drivers don't know their way around there.

I've heard quite a few complaints about the dining room service on QM2, and some good reviews too. Our table mates have been on QM2 before, and they thought the service was much better than it has been in the past. I considered the service pretty poor compared to other cruise lines, as did they, but they saw improvement.

Hi all

thank you so much for the nice compliments about my little review. I flushing red. It was fund writting it and brought all the great memories from these 10 days. When we arrived I felt as just to stay on board and make one more round.

Good idea James, maybe I should ask for table there next time. We were seated at table 145. Nice location tough also... but..

George, every day I thought of trying the board walk cafe and then all of a sudden we arrived in New York again. LOL. Next time for sure.

Bosco- wouw they did improve---- just wondering what it was then- selfservice.... LOL!

Angela- very good idea, just smuggle me in you carry on and I promiss I will not disturb your voyage. LOL. Ah okay would not work as you saw me so you may know I would not fit into the carry on.... shame on me...

Greetings

Michael

Archived