How is the "Celebrity Summit"

bkcmoore

You will have a wonderful time! We've been on her once, April, 2004 and will sail her again in April, 2005!

Check out the Cruise Review section for lots of great information! And have a wonderful cruise!

:) Jill :)

Anybody been on the Celebrity "SUMMIT", we are planning an Nov 2005, leaving Los Angeles and ending in Ft Lauderdale. 14 day Panama Canal cruise. Thanks for any help you can give.

Summit is fantastic .Been on 2x And booked on Summit in 2005.Also,Ive been on 16 Celebrity Cruises.

Bkcmoore,

Adding my 2-cents worth, I think you'll love it. The decor is elegant without being pretentious, sophisticated without being stuffy. As with all Celebrity ships we've been on, rarely do you ever feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people aboard.

Make sure you stroll through the Grand Foyer after dark to get the full effect of the stone staircase. The staircase is of transluscent onyx and has a backlight for overnight hours. Truly beautiful! The Grand Foyer does a marvelous job setting the stage for the entire vessel.

We also get a kick out of the Celebrity Theater. It's a rather stylized, modernistic interpretation of a Greco-Roman amphitheater, complete with 'flaming' torches in the walls. It's really rather effective.

I also think you'll be dazzled by the art deco splendor of the speciality restaurant, "Normandie;" and the magnificent bronze statue from that same grand liner which now graces the main restaurant.

Have a wonderful time aboard ship! Enjoy your cruise, and enjoy all the wonderful spaces on Summit that are there to entice you, to draw you in, and to asssure you of a truly celebrated experience.

Bon Voyage!

RON & GINA

CAN WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TRIP! ENJOY YOURSELVES AND HAVE A HAPPY 25TH!!!!!!

Booked 23 Oct from LA to Lauderdale on a Panama transit. Couple of Canadians celebrating 25 years of unarmed combat, oh that would be marrage. Looking to meet some new friends from where ever.

Ron and Gina

Just cruised 9/3/04 Southbound Summit. First M cat. ship experience. Overall she is elegant and well laid out. Service was 100 percent.

She is due for dry dock to be refurbish. Little details: R off of Grill sign, sewn patch on my 1A cabin bedspread, our cabin's balcony curtain hanging off the rod, balcony door handle broken ( which was repaired asap with much effort...had to rebuild the piece..all in reasonable time).

I would cruise her again after dry dock. Cabin 8163

Karen

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I guess this is her first dry dock since 2001? Little details are ok, especially if the ship fixed it for you. Overall, it sounds like you had a great time and that ship is very beautiful.

Can you tell me, is it kid friendly, we have a daughter who will be 9 on this sailing? The cabin number is 9111, which is the Sky Suite on the sky deck. Do you know anything of the suites?

Thanks again

Kimberly

Just cruised 9/3/04 Southbound Summit. First M cat. ship experience. Overall she is elegant and well laid out. Service was 100 percent.

She is due for dry dock to be refurbish. Little details: R off of Grill sign, sewn patch on my 1A cabin bedspread, our cabin's balcony curtain hanging off the rod, balcony door handle broken ( which was repaired asap with much effort...had to rebuild the piece..all in reasonable time).

I would cruise her again after dry dock. Cabin 8163

Karen

Anybody been on the Celebrity "SUMMIT", we are planning an Nov 2005, leaving Los Angeles and ending in Ft Lauderdale. 14 day Panama Canal cruise. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi Bkcmoore !

I have been on Summit three times, and have plans to go on her twice more before her itineraries change later in 2005.

She is one of my favorite ships in the Celebrity fleet. The staff is outstanding, and the same can be said for the ship itself, as well as the food !

I hope you choose Summit. If you do, you should have a wonderful time. Whatever you choose, enjoy your cruise !

Regards,

Andy

Archived