Bermuda in August

busybusybusy

Just booked our cruise on the Horizon, and I have a question. We're in C6084 - according to my TA, it sleeps 3, but where does the 3rd person go in this type of room? Also, I know it's early, but how hard is it to book excursions when you get there? None of the ones on the ship really excite me much. We like the idea of snorkeling by the shipwrecks, but 65 a person seems high - can we book this ourselves once we get to Hamilton? We've been to Bermuda once before and loved it.

The 3rd person will be in a "bunk bed" so to speak. It folds down from the wall. Your cabin attendant will fold it down while you're at dinner when he turns down your bed. And in the morning, when he makes up your bed, he'll fold it back up.

I can't offer much help in the excursion department, because we had a crisis on board our ship this past august, and had to divert so a sick passenger could be airlifted. We lost a day in Hamilton. We had booked the Dolphin swim online (because we knew it would sell out early) and that was the only excursion we were able to take while in Hamilton.

It is VERY busy in August because of all the cruise ships that are visiting (they're all usually full) so I would suggest that if there is an excursion that you feel you dont' want to miss, you book thru the cruise line.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary :)

Or the 3rd person will be a roll away. The attendant will roll it out in the evenings and fold it up and roll it aside during the day. We had 3 women in a cabin and the early riser slept on the roll away. Every morning when she rose to go to the gym she folded up her roll away so that when we rose we didn't stumble over it. It was tight quarters but doable.

We just had three grown women in a cabin on the Horizon and it was fine (I think our cabin number was 5139.) One of us had the bunk and the other two had a single bed each. Our cabin steward would put the bunk out at night and fold it up in the morning. Lots of storage space for luggage and enough drawer and closet space for each of us (our cabin steward and his assistant somehow was able to lift the beds and store our four suitcases.) In fact, I would say that if we had a fourth person it could have worked, too. It does get a bit cramped when you are getting ready, but even the most finicky of us said it was fine.

I generally book things outside of the cruise line to save a few dollars. We didn't do a snorkling trip this time, but several on our ship did and I understand there are several ones. We did horseback riding and parasailing...I booked the horseback riding in advance over the internet and the parasailing we just walked up and reserved it.

Archived