t-mobile cell phone service

vbecky

i remember a post a couple month back when a women was talking on a cell phone while waiting to board the ship. She wasnt even on the ship, problem was the cell tower she was connected to was *you guessed it* the ships tower. She got home and had a 800 dollar cell phone bill. I know she was fighting it, but i dont know how you could prove you werent on the ship.

What a mess!

I did call t-mobile. Puerto Rico and St. Thomas are considered the US and are part of our calling plan. For us that's great as we visit both of these islands :D . The other islands are international and I don't remember the rates but I am sure they're high...my phone will be off once we leave St. Thomas!

I used my T-Mobile phone several times on our Mexican cruise, and it was by no means outrageously expensive. I called T-Mobile before we left and had them add international service to my calling plan for a 10-day period. It was more expensive than calling locally, but it wasn't anywhere in the neighborhood of $1,500. I think it probably totaled $60 for the international service and the few calls I made.

Give T-Mobile a call, tell them where you're going, and they'll set you right up!

T-mobile currently charges $4.99 per minute for voice transmission on ships. That adds up quickly.

Note also that if you leave the phone ON, but do not answer calls, you will be charged the above rate for voicemail messages left by talkative friends. No charges for messages left while OFF and not picked up until back in US territory.

There are other charges for data and text messages; see the link above for the features you plan to use.

Archived