Your favorite food on NCL

josephml1

The food described on this thread sure doesn't sound like anything I'd find at Applebee's or Denny's (except maybe the mac & cheese).

I think the food on NCL is fantastic and much better than RCI the times we've tried them. Same for the crew.

I don't know what some people could possibly be talking about.

There is a lot of exclamation points, I will agree but exclamation points are not a sing that someone is yelling at you, it's simply means that they put a lot of expression in the way they would say it. Sure, if someone is telling you you are a (insert a bad word) person, then the exclation point probably means they are yelling but if it's after a sentence like That meal was very nice, I don't think they are yelling, they just emphasis the very nice part.

Writting in all Capitalized letters is considered ''YELLING'' but I use it sometimes just to emphasis a word and I hope people understand that I don't intend to yell at them.

That was just my humble opinion, the way I view punctuation, nothing more.

As Norm Crosby used to say "It's all a matter of ceramics". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree with all the comments on the cold fruit soups. I've actually asked for them for dessert...got a strange look from the waiter on that one. But, surprised that nobody has mentioned the fries in Cagneys yet...I'd go on another cruise just for the those fries.

Does anyone remember the Fire Starter @ Le Bistro.

It was so unique and I have never seen anything like it

anywhere else.

I'll try to describe it....it was a round cast iron "ball" on a stand

with spikes coming out of it and on those spikes were pieces of

meat and /or seafood ( you had a choice of 3 ).When it arrived

at the table, it was flamed and served with a dazzling array of

sauces.

I am probably just confusing everyone, but it was really good

and very unusual.

Barb

Anyhow, after three years in the american cruise industry (and after seing people that gives "overweight" a new meaning) my experience is as long as there is enough food, few people really cares what they have put on the plate.:D :D :D

Does anyone remember the Fire Starter @ Le Bistro.

It was so unique and I have never seen anything like it

anywhere else.

I'll try to describe it....it was a round cast iron "ball" on a stand

with spikes coming out of it and on those spikes were pieces of

meat and /or seafood ( you had a choice of 3 ).When it arrived

at the table, it was flamed and served with a dazzling array of

sauces.

I am probably just confusing everyone, but it was really good

and very unusual.

Barb

I think those stands were given a second life in Salsa's/Tequila/Tex-Mex's "Il Popo" dish. Sorry, no flames anymore. :p

I second the chilled fruit soups. Also, the Beef Wellington and the chocolate capuccino brulee in the main dining rooms and the chicken wings at the Blue Lagoon.

wow i'm getting that creme brulee if they have it on my next cruise@@!

my favorite food was the indian in the garden cafe. it was dependable vegetarian food!!

Totally off topic here, Marie, but why do you end every sentence with an exclamation point? I've noticed this in all your posts. I feel like I'm being yelled at... :o

SHE WOULD BE YELLING IF SHE TALKED LIKE THIS!!!!!

i think she's just happy and excited!!

Mmmmmmmmmmm... Teppanyaki!! It was definitely our favourite meal on the Star. (and likely will be on every NCL cruise we take) As has been my experience on land, I find that teppan grill chefs seem to have an uncanny ability to cook meats (including chicken and seafood) to perfection. I have never had to turn down meat at a teppan grill due to under or over-cooking. (and I'm picky enough about it that I sometimes have servers wait while I cut into a steak in case I need to send it back) Back on track, the chef at our teppan grill on the Star was no exception. Our steak, shrimp, chicken and scallops were absolutely perfect, and served in generous quantities.

The chefs have basic routines, as all teppan chefs do, but they're definitely entertaining. I loved the trick they did with eggs while making the fried rice - tossing and catching eggs two or three times, and then on the last toss, turning their spatula sideways to catch it on the edge, effectively slicing it open to allow the egg to run out onto the grill without a speck of shell. They caught the egg shells and shrimp tails (among other things) in their hats or shirt pockets. I believe my husband commented about not wanting to launder their uniforms. :p

The vegetables were also delectable. If you enjoy the type of cuisine served at teppan grills, you will enjoy the NCL version. I also highly recommend the 'regular' asian restaurant (on the Star it was Ginza), and regardless of which section you eat in, see if you can get the banana spring rolls for dessert - they're fantastic! :)

see if you can get the banana spring rolls for dessert - they're fantastic! :)

I agree with all you said about Teppanyaki. We love it. We have never tried the other part of the Asian restaurant (except for the Mongolian Hot Pot). I think we thought it would be just like Chinese restaurants at home and not really special. This time, I am determined to give it a try after reading raves about it on here. But I have not seen a lot on what specifically people like to order. I think the one thing I read mentioned the Peking Duck. Other than the banana spring rolls (I'm down for that), what do you like to get there? Also, if you or anyoen can tell me what Peking Duck is like, I'd love to give that a try.

Check out my food pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/562285834btzutd

I didn't get many from Teppanyaki, but there are quite a few from Ginza, which is the Star's name for the 'main' asian restaurant. My daughter and I absolutely LOVED the steak teriyaki (she had hers without the sauce so really it was just a perfectly cooked steak). ALL of the appetizers were delicious (there are pictures of all of them, since when I expressed difficulty in choosing, the server just said she'd bring them all :) ).

The cover for Ginza was $10, for Teppanyaki was $20 and for sushi was $15. I'm looking forward to trying the Mongolian HotPot if we go on the Pearl... Bermuder, could you tell me a little about that? We have a restaurant here called 'Mongolie Grill' where we choose raw foods and they stir fry them for us... is that the same concept?

Check out my food pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/562285834btzutd

I didn't get many from Teppanyaki, but there are quite a few from Ginza, which is the Star's name for the 'main' asian restaurant. My daughter and I absolutely LOVED the steak teriyaki (she had hers without the sauce so really it was just a perfectly cooked steak). ALL of the appetizers were delicious (there are pictures of all of them, since when I expressed difficulty in choosing, the server just said she'd bring them all :) ).

The cover for Ginza was $10, for Teppanyaki was $20 and for sushi was $15. I'm looking forward to trying the Mongolian HotPot if we go on the Pearl... Bermuder, could you tell me a little about that? We have a restaurant here called 'Mongolie Grill' where we choose raw foods and they stir fry them for us... is that the same concept?

Excellent pics... Thank you for post it. :=)

Archived