CC Member Group Cruise for Single Parents that cruise w/ their kids?

Eeyoregon

Greetings from a Santa Barbara County beachbum and former resident of Ojai and Seattle long gone to Texas!

Try for a Seattle-Seattle 7 day Inside Passage. Weather clarity and cost will increase as you move into the July weather sweet spot. I say Seattle as your cost will be a bit cheaper than Vancouver, assuming you LAX to SEA. Try HAL or Princess. How old is your kiddo? Mine has sailed since one, has about a dozen cruises under his belt and did Alaska when 8. That's a good age for whale, eagle and otter watching.

An alternative if looking shorter than 7 days is to fly to Anchorage and train to the coast on the ARR for small ship excursions.

http://alaskarailroad.com/arrc280.html

Last minute planning is OK now that more ships are plying the waters. Also more young folks now on the larger ships. Be sure to do the Juneau Salmon bake as the critters should be running in the nearby stream.

I'm thrilled to find interest in this. I have never cruised before and want to take one with my son this summer to Alaska. Planning last minute (long story...)

Could use advice on end of June/mid July... :) Lkg to do shorter trip, maybe small inlets w/wildlife and small town visits.

Thanks!

Laura :confused:

• 2 months later...

single mom with 8 yr old dd from South Georgia. I would love a single parents cruise. We did the LOS the end of May. We are looking at a cruise for June 2009. I don't usually book 2 years in advance. We met some other single people by way of the threads for people on our cruise/meet and mingle too. I will probably be interested in the June 2010 on the glory I did her a few years ago and this is closer for me to get to the port. If anyone else is interested in going with us in June of 2009, let me know. I am thinking Carnival Legend from Tampa on June 21 or 28th, but I also like the Carnival Freedom 8 day from Ft. Lauderdale, but the price is a little too high. Feel free to email me at cathyins@windstream.net I have cruised 21 times and love it. Happy Cruising, Cathy

...If anyone else is interested in going with us in June of 2009, let me know. I am thinking Carnival Legend from Tampa on June 21 or 28th, but I also like the Carnival Freedom 8 day from Ft. Lauderdale, but the price is a little too high. Feel free to email me at cathyins@windstream.net...

Cathy,

A member cannot promote any group cruises other than the official Cruise Critic Group Cruises per the Guidelines:

Member Cruises

Cruise Critic recognizes that our Community Members like to meet each other on board their cruises by planning a Group Cruise. We encourage our members to do so. To assist you in planning your cruise, please avail yourself of Cruise Critic's Member Cruise Program.

Decision-making discussions regarding the 'who, what, where, & when' of your group cruise are welcomed on all forums. After booking through our Program, you may continue answering questions about your group cruise on any forum here at Cruise Critic. All members booked on a Cruise Critic groups may include links and pictures to the group cruise information in their signatures. However, those booked should frequent the special forum set up just for your cruise to have "fun" until you sail!

We respectfully request that forums set up for our Member Cruises be frequently only by those who have booked the sailing.

Only official Cruise Critic Group Cruises may be promoted anywhere on our cruise forums. This includes graphics, links, banners and references to any non-Cruise Critic Group Cruise. Any promotional material posted on the forums about non-Cruise Critic Group Cruises will be removed without notice.

Now if you plan to start an official Cruise Critic Group Cruise, click Member Cruises for more information and instructions. It appears on the bar above with User CP, FAQ, Guidelines, etc. On the page that will appear, be sure to read How to be a Cruise Critic Group Leader in 10 easy steps. Click the link in that sentence to get to the page.

Instead of posting on this thread concerning another official Cruise Critic Group Cruise, please note the first step:

1. Pick a Ship and Itinerary

See how many people are interested in joining you by posting on the specific cruise line forum (official cruises only).

If you have any other questions about our group cruises, per the instructions in Contact Us on the bar below you can contact groups@cruisecritic.com regarding Cruise Critic Member Cruises. Please remember, all e-mails and Report Post e-mails to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With 371,881 members as I type this reply and e-mails being received 24/7, please be patient for any reply or action.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and wishing you lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif in forming an official Cruise Critic Group Cruise!!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I am taking a first Mother/Daughter cruise in June with my 7 year old daughter. My family has taken a cruise all together as a whole, but I haven't travelled alone as a single parent before. So, this should prove to be an interesting trip.

I would be very interested in hearing more about the single parent cruise as the date is chosen and more firm plans are made. Thanks for putting it together!

Sincerely,

Lori

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys! I'm a single mom with a 9 yr old and 17 yr old and would love to get in on a single parent cruise. Is one scheduled yet?

Check out the Carnival Cruise Lines Forum lengthly thread titled Possible CC group Single Parents & Friends on Carnival DREAM mid-June 2010 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=747850. It appears they are going on Carnival Dream for her 6/19/10 cruise out of Port Canaveral and are having fun getting to know one another while they wait for the pricing. Also, terrib1964 has a countdown clock and the link in their signature in their post above.

Hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 2 months later...
Hi there. I'm confused - is the singles cruise in June 2010 on the Glory or the Dream?

I see you posted on the thread titled Possible CC group Single Parents & Friends on Carnival DREAM mid-June 2010 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=747850 2:21 PM today (my time zone) as follows:

... Where is the link you referred to? :o

This thread as well as that thread start off discussing a possible cruise on Glory. However, as the thread developed it changed to Dream.

As mentioned in post # 58 above:

... Also' date=' terrib1964 has a countdown clock and the link in their signature in their post above...[/quote']

From scanning the thread, it appears they are still waiting for the pricing.

I sincerely hope this helps to clear up any confusion!

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

• 1 month later...

We are OFFICIAL! Come join our awesome group for "A DREAM worth waiting for"!

June 19, 2010 :)

Deposit Info

A reduced deposit is available for double occupancy $25 per person, guarantee cabins until April 16, 2009. The full per person deposit of $250 is required for all singles, triples, quads, suite and ocean view staterooms. The second deposit of $225 per person is due on December 18, 2009. Final payment for the group is due March 8, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

Itinerary :cool:

Day 1 - Port Canaveral, FL

Day 2 - Nassau, Bahamas

Day 3 - Fun Day At Sea

Day 4 - St. Thomas, USVI

Day 5 - Saint Maarten

Day 6 - Fun Day At Sea

Day 7 - Fun Day At Sea

Day 8 - Port Canaveral, FL

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, Fees and Fuel Surcharges

Please let us know if you want to join this awesome group! ;)

Archived