Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

So, we currently have this full day private tour booked for my family of 6.

The day will be tight. We are getting in at 10:30 in Falmouth and have to be back on the ship at 6:15 pm.

Any recent reviews of the tubing? How far from the tubing to the beach?

If we don't get to Blue Hole until about noon will it be super-crowded?

If we don't get to the restaurant until 4-5 pm will there be any snacks offered? Should we bring our own? Any info would be great- thanks!

Blue Hole $15pp Adults, 10pp kids

River Tubing $25pp both adults and kids

Sight Seeing along the country side and mountains

Beach Stop

Local Shopping

Authentic Jamaica Restaurant

Transportation $35 per adult and $30 each for kids under 12 years old for this private tour.

How far from the tubing to the beach?

The beaches are about 10-15mins from tubing

Best if you try to get there before the crowd..

If we don't get to the restaurant until 4-5 pm will there be any snacks offered? Food will still be available at that time

"If we don't get to Blue Hole until about noon will it be super-crowded?

If we don't get to the restaurant until 4-5 pm will there be any snacks offered? Food will still be available at that time "

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much earlier we can get there since our ship doesn't arrive until 10. I suppose I could ask if we can make Blue Hole our first stop (before tubing) assuming it makes sense to do so geographically.

My second question was really geared toward whether the tour company would offer snacks since we will essentially be skipping lunch on the tour for an early dinner.

Anyone else take a tour like this with a late port arrival time (i.e. Allure, RCI)? Thanks!

"If we don't get to Blue Hole until about noon will it be super-crowded?

If we don't get to the restaurant until 4-5 pm will there be any snacks offered? Food will still be available at that time "

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much earlier we can get there since our ship doesn't arrive until 10. I suppose I could ask if we can make Blue Hole our first stop (before tubing) assuming it makes sense to do so geographically.

My second question was really geared toward whether the tour company would offer snacks since we will essentially be skipping lunch on the tour for an early dinner.

Anyone else take a tour like this with a late port arrival time (i.e. Allure, RCI)? Thanks!

Are you on the Allure in Falmouth on December 16th by any chance?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We have used Courtney Taylor tours twice, so I can help with some of your questions.

# 3 - yes, the food is all NON spicy - they have spicy stuff you can put on or dip into if you choose. Let your driver know this - he will probably ask you if you want spicy or not. NOTE - bring cash for Scotchies and we typically also pay for the guide's lunch. Be sure to order some Festival - it's kind of like a cake donut.

#4 - Bamboo Blu beach is amazing but it's not going to have much for your kids to do - it's a beautiful, quiet beach. There aren't any bouncy toys, hair braiding, or crowds. We like it for those reasons, but just depends on what you want.

What currency did you use to pay in Scotchies, is US$ ok? And how much would you budget for food and drinks for 3 people?

So, we currently have this full day private tour booked for my family of 6.

The day will be tight. We are getting in at 10:30 in Falmouth and have to be back on the ship at 6:15 pm.

Any recent reviews of the tubing? How far from the tubing to the beach?

If we don't get to the restaurant until 4-5 pm will there be any snacks offered? Should we bring our own? Any info would be great- thanks!

Blue Hole $15pp Adults, 10pp kids

River Tubing $25pp both adults and kids

Sight Seeing along the country side and mountains

Beach Stop

Local Shopping

Authentic Jamaica Restaurant

Transportation $35 per adult and $30 each for kids under 12 years old for this private tour.

I'd be careful going from Falmouth to Ocho Rios, it's a good distance away. If you are going to be at the restaurant in OR around 4 or 5 you will never make it back on time for the ship. If the restaurant is in Falmouth and near the ship you should be ok. If I remember correctly it was about 1.5 hours to drive from Falmouth to OR. Our tour actually got us back as the ship was leaving and we lucked out that they pulled back in and let us on. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be careful going from Falmouth to Ocho Rios, it's a good distance away. If you are going to be at the restaurant in OR around 4 or 5 you will never make it back on time for the ship. If the restaurant is in Falmouth and near the ship you should be ok. If I remember correctly it was about 1.5 hours to drive from Falmouth to OR. Our tour actually got us back as the ship was leaving and we lucked out that they pulled back in and let us on. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

It's an (1) hour drive from Falmouth to OR. Also was this with Courtney Taylor Tours because I know their number one priority is getting you back early to the port. If not CT Tours please do not post your bad experience with other tour operators under someone else's thread

I think the distance from Falmouth to Ocho Rios is 1 hour. However, if you encounter the unexpected- lots of ships in port, traffic, an accident, etc. it can take longer and it did in fact for us.

I would be very hesitant to take a tour out of Ocho Rios from Falmouth again.

I do, however, highly recommend the tour company. We did use Courtney Taylor and the tour company was the ONLY reason why we made it back to the port with plenty of time to spare. Since we were nervous about time, our guide went in and bypassed the lines at Scotchies to get us DELICIOUS food to eat on the way back to port.

Many of the ship's tours didn't get back until later. We comfortably sat on our balcony and watched a tour bus rush up to the port a full hour after the scheduled departure time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ocho Rios is where all the fun stuffs are so it's hard not to go there but you have to keep in mind that you have limited hours so you can't expect to do a bunch of things. Courtney Taylor Tours was all about timing but making you have fun , feel safe and relaxed :D

Very excited about our first trip to Ocho Rios. Our ship arrives at 8am and leaves at 4pm on a Wednesday. I pretty much just want to do it all! I think it is within the realm of possibility if we use Courtney Taylor. From everything I have read, he pretty much will do whatever you want, if time permits. I want us to do DRF, Blue Hole, and River Rafting. I would like to eat some jerk, buy some rum and coffee, visit the 'Spice lady' and 'Pottery lady' AND get back to the ship before it leaves! Those of you that have been to OR, do you think my 'wants' possible or should I start whittlin' away at my little itinerary. BTW, I have not yet reserved with CT so I don't have his input, either. Just still in the planning stage. Cruise is in July. Thanks for any input and if there is something that you did that is an absolute 'must do', please share!

We used Courtney Taylor a few years ago and had a great time with him. I have tried contacting him twice for our trip in March and have heard nothing from him. Has anyone used him recently? How long did it take for him to get back to you? I've looked at some other tour groups but would like to stay with someone I know.

I booked Richard Brooks for a shore excursion for 5-6 hours. He will take you anywhere that you want to go! Adventure, nature, history, arts & craft, dining and entertainment! He has a car that seats 7 and a bus that seats 14. The more people you have the less you pay. I found people on Cruise Critic Roll Call for my Princess Cruise and posted a message telling everyone about the tour. Within a couple of days I had 14 people signed up!

Richie was amazing! He is a laugh a minute type of guy and very entertaining! He took care of us the whole way, had beverages in his van and showed us the best of the island. His love of his country truly shows!

He will respond quickly. http://www.excursionochorios.net

richiebrooks2@yahoo.com

Tell him that Carol recommended him and he gave us a grand tour in January.

Summertime: We used Courtney Taylor a few years ago and had a great time with him. I have tried contacting him twice for our trip in March and have heard nothing from him. Has anyone used him recently? How long did it take for him to get back to you? I've looked at some other tour groups but would like to stay with someone I know.

Thank you for your reply. I get concerned when an excursion company doesn't reply in a timely manner.

Cruze4ever: I booked Richard Brooks for a shore excursion for 5-6 hours. He will take you anywhere that you want to go! Adventure, nature, history, arts & craft, dining and entertainment! He has a car that seats 7 and a bus that seats 14. The more people you have the less you pay. I found people on Cruise Critic Roll Call for my Princess Cruise and posted a message telling everyone about the tour. Within a couple of days I had 14 people signed up!

Richie was amazing! He is a laugh a minute type of guy and very entertaining! He took care of us the whole way, had beverages in his van and showed us the best of the island. His love of his country truly shows!

He will respond quickly. www.excursionochorios.net

richiebrooks2@yahoo.com

Tell him that Carol recommended him and he gave us a grand tour in January."

Thank you very much Carol! I kind of wanted to have private tour with just DH and myself as we are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary...BUT, we always have fun when we meet fellow cruisers on excursions. I will take your advice and contact Richie and will also give him your regards and tell him you recommended him. :)

We used Courtney Taylor a few years ago and had a great time with him. I have tried contacting him twice for our trip in March and have heard nothing from him. Has anyone used him recently? How long did it take for him to get back to you? I've looked at some other tour groups but would like to stay with someone I know.

http://courtneytay.wix.com/cttjamaica#!contact/clhf

We've just had a good day with Courtney, very prompt replies going via the web form initially then emails after that.

Summertime: We used Courtney Taylor a few years ago and had a great time with him. I have tried contacting him twice for our trip in March and have heard nothing from him. Has anyone used him recently? How long did it take for him to get back to you? I've looked at some other tour groups but would like to stay with someone I know.

Thank you for your reply. I get concerned when an excursion company doesn't reply in a timely manner.

Cruze4ever: I booked Richard Brooks for a shore excursion for 5-6 hours. He will take you anywhere that you want to go! Adventure, nature, history, arts & craft, dining and entertainment! He has a car that seats 7 and a bus that seats 14. The more people you have the less you pay. I found people on Cruise Critic Roll Call for my Princess Cruise and posted a message telling everyone about the tour. Within a couple of days I had 14 people signed up!

He will respond quickly.

Tell him that Carol recommended him and he gave us a grand tour in January."[/color]

Thank you very much Carol! I kind of wanted to have private tour with just DH and myself as we are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary...BUT, we always have fun when we meet fellow cruisers on excursions. I will take your advice and contact Richie and will also give him your regards and tell him you recommended him. :)

Hey Carol you should start a Thread for your guide. Looks like a marketing strategy to be posting under Courtney Taylor's Thread... not cool!!!!

Edited by jiimmy2k

Hey Carol you should start a Thread for your guide. Looks like a marketing strategy to be posting under Courtney Taylor's Thread... not cool!!!!

You are right! I was on various threads and at the time of posting didn't realize it was Courtney Taylor's thread. Sorry.

Originally Posted by jiimmy2k viewpost.gif

You are right! I was on various threads and at the time of posting didn't realize it was Courtney Taylor's thread. Sorry.

Jiimmy2k and Carol, this was my fault as I had said in my original post that I was still in the planning stage and had not contacted CT yet and asked if anyone had any must do's (basically asking for experiences) to please share. I am sorry that because Carol was kind enough to share her experience with me that she got pretty much called out for doing so. Assuming she was 'marketing' against CT was not the way I took it at all. Maybe you could give folks the benefit of the doubt. If you felt so strongly that you needed to reprimand, maybe doing so in a less aggressive way will make your suggestion more palatable. Now, to close this little convo, I would like to end with Happy Sails and lets keep looking for great ways to spend our port days. Have a happy day! Janie

Originally Posted by jiimmy2k viewpost.gif

Jiimmy2k and Carol, this was my fault as I had said in my original post that I was still in the planning stage and had not contacted CT yet and asked if anyone had any must do's (basically asking for experiences) to please share. I am sorry that because Carol was kind enough to share her experience with me that she got pretty much called out for doing so. Assuming she was 'marketing' against CT was not the way I took it at all. Maybe you could give folks the benefit of the doubt. If you felt so strongly that you needed to reprimand, maybe doing so in a less aggressive way will make your suggestion more palatable. Now, to close this little convo, I would like to end with Happy Sails and lets keep looking for great ways to spend our port days. Have a happy day! Janie

Not to worry, no offense taken :)

jiimmy2k- Just my 2 cents. I don't think you were rude at all and I don't think the poster took it to be rude either. It seemed like she understood.

Unless you are known for being rude on threads, could be why the responder took it that way. I don't know... I don't log on often. :) Happy Cruising.

I have emailed numerous times to CT tours and still have yet to receive a reply! Is there another way to get in touch other than the form on their site? We are leaving for our cruise March 7. Thank you for any advise!

I have emailed numerous times to CT tours and still have yet to receive a reply! Is there another way to get in touch other than the form on their site? We are leaving for our cruise March 7. Thank you for any advise!

Have you actually tried the webform on their site? As we had a reply within 24 hours from that. I'm afraid I've deleted the emails now so can't confirm what email the replies came from.