Cost of airport-to-ship transfer on Feb 29 2008 Bangkok-Beijing Nautica

marylander2

Have you purchased a transfer “airport-to-ship” on Feb 29 2008 Bangkok-Beijing Nautica cruise?

I am puzzled – the price I was quoted for it is the same as for Tianjin-Beijing transfer (about 3-4 h drag, I was told) at the end of the cruise. It would’ve been logical and reasonable if Nautica docks in Laem Chabang, but this time the ship docks right in the mouth of Chao Praya river, at least twice closer to the airport than Laem Chabang. Yet Bangkok transfer costs the same as if it to be docked in L.-Ch..

Is O pulling a Homer here?

Possibly they are, and it sounds like you know Bangkok. However, the traffic is awful and unless you have local knowledge I would be reluctant to just jump in a taxi. Maybe you can get a group together through the roll call section for your cruise and arrange a private transfer.

Marylander

We are also on Feb 29th Nautica Bangkok to Bejing

Happy to share transport with you if we can find details of costs etc

Have not yet looked at Os transfer

Hi phillipahain,

I've got local operator quotes ranging from some $42 to $75 for a car (sedan, usually Volvo/Nissan/Toyota... higher prices reflect Mercedes C class). I think this is quite manageable and drastically different from what I was quoted by O./TA - in my case, $150 pp :eek:...

The cars which these agencies use are spotless, air-con'ed, and have drivers in uniform (white gloves, literally...).

Sharing a sedan is probably not a great idea - imagine 4 of us (I take it you also have 2 in your party) with several large suitcases+carry-ons, etc. ... Hence, limo could be a nice solution, but I didn't ask for that quote.

They also have vans (7-10 seater Toyotas).

So there's a number of options. Let me know your thoughts. Honestly, I think that 50-60 bucks for such transfer - it shouldn't take more than 45 min-1 h, traffic-pending - is a great alternative to O.'s rip-off.

Hope this helps.

Archived