Shipwreck Snorkel?

mcfaddensfarm

We will be in St Martin in a couple of weeks, with Mariner of the Seas. My son (12 yrs old) and I have been discussing doing some kind of snorkeling while in St Martin (we already have other plans for Nassau & St Thomas). I've looked at the RCCL excursions and this one (Shipwreck Snorkel Adventure) sounded interesting. Here is their description:
[font=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=black]You will begin your adventure upon boarding a spacious motorized snorkeling vessel. You can relax during the scenic cruise across Philipsburg harbor. Once at Shipwreck Cove, certified instructors will give you a mask, snorkel, fins, floatation vest and instruction. The snorkeling staff will guide you through an undersea world of coral reefs and wrecks inhabited by tropical fish. [/color][/font]

Has anyone done it before? Has anyone done a different snorkel excursion that they thought was better? One of the other people who will be on our cruise, that I met on these boards, said that her family is doing the Pinel Island Snorkel. Would that be a better choice? Any help with this is appreciated! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
My girlfriend and I LOVED this tour. The staff was great, extremely friendly. We saw a couple of shipwrecks (small sailbaot and an old logging ship or two) and a TON of fish. After your done snorkeling, they'll let you jump of the top of the boat into the ocean and then one the way back to the dock, they cuise along the waterfront so you can see the island, some of the resorts homes etc... I took some awesome pictures on the way back. And dont forget about the rum punch, mmmmm. All in all, I thought this was a great excursion.

• 2 months later...
My then 9 year old son and I did this and it was great -- not real shipwrecks, but who cared? Actually, we did the SNUBA -- same ship, some did snorkel, the rest of us SNUBA -- could go deeper and longer. Yummy rum punch and dancing on top on the way back. The guides are fab!

McFaddensfarm - I'm looking at that same excursion for my husband and two daughters (12 & 9). We're on the Mariner 2/20 sailing. Is that the same one you're on? I saw you were from Nampa, ID - I went to WSU and spent many happy days and nights in Moscow and Sun Valley. Haven't been out that way in years! Hope to see you on the ship (and maybe the excursion?)
Nancy

Archived