La Quinta in Hollywood

cruzfiend

We stayed here for our pre cruise stay and it was very nice. It is within walking distance to restaurants, a mall, and liquor. They offer free shuttle, breakfast and newspaper in the morning. Staff was nice and the rooms clean.

I also have this LQ ($115 a night)booked in April for my family and I. I also have the Ocean Sky Resort booked($109 a night plus parking of $8 aday), but it gets bad reviews. I was really hoping to go with the Ocean Sky for the 3 days because of being on the beach and also has a pool but if I don't hear anything positive I will probably cancel it in the next month or so. Does anyone here have any experience with this hotel lately????????

Thank You

Just wanted to add my two thumbs up for this hotel, and thanks to those who recommended it previously. We stayed there Jan 19th, as did many other cruisers on various ships, judging by all the luggage being hauled out LOL.

Nice clean room, nice pool area, great location for shopping, free parking and free shuttle. Friendly staff. We didn't partake of their breakfast (we went to IHOP - hey when you're a tourist, you have to do these things LOL), and since we had a rental car, we didn't use the shuttle. But their shuttle was a big van with a utility trailer, so it can hold lots of people and lots of luggage. They do a few runs and you sign up at checkin for which one you want to go on.

Will definitely book this hotel in the future, and strongly recommend it to others now as well.

We have the Hollywood LaQ booked for Mar 19, Gov. rate was $135 & the cheapest listed. When I saw the $119 above I went back to ck & that's what still shows the week prior. Our week is totally booked so couldn't ck that. Wondering how someone got $119! Also on their site it shows shuttle just 2 days. When I called to book they said free shuttle only to the port, not return. Another question I've asked our resident authority tonite is that on line someplace in fine print it said "free parking only for 1st nite, then $6.75/day", which does not show on my confirm. Any experience w/this shuttle one way &/or the parking fee? :confused:

Also..anyone driving in know anything about public parking garages w/free shuttle to the pier? I only saw one on a search & it was confusing info.

TIA

Thanks Bequia. Sounds like we won't have any problem finding dinner without a car!!! Hollywood Ale House looks like a good place!

I'm pretty sure that's the place we went for lunch. The LQ room key has a discount on it. Nice bar, lots of TV's, friendly staff, great food. If it's the same place, when you go north on Oakwood, it's on the right side of the road, where the rest of the plaza is on the left

We leaving tomorrow for 2 nights pre-cruise at this LaQuinta. This will be our 3rd visit and we have always enjoyed it. Clean rooms, free transportation, breakfast and walking distance to dinner & shopping. Nice:D

Once again Bequia has come thru! A public THANKS! :D You too 4Cs & have a great trip! Now I can stop obsessing about these details & relax & look forward to another sailing that will put us @ Diamond!:) Obviously, again, CCers know more about the ports than all these travel web sites!

I'm pretty sure that's the place we went for lunch. The LQ room key has a discount on it. Nice bar, lots of TV's, friendly staff, great food. If it's the same place, when you go north on Oakwood, it's on the right side of the road, where the rest of the plaza is on the left

Thanks Dan. A nice bar, great food, and friendly people is just what we are looking for!!!

I too, will give a big thumbs up for the LaQuinta in Hollywood. We stayed there on Jan 25, pre cruise. Nice and clean... great location (quiet!).... close to food, liquor and a mall. What more could you want? I was originally concerned I'd be "too far away" from the cruise port, but they have a great shuttle service to and from port and to and from airport. THANKS TO BEQUIA and all you CCers...:D

• 3 weeks later...
Another nice review for the LQ

Bequia,

We are thinking about booking this hotel precruise from Miami June 8th, Map Quest says its 21 miles from the port of Miami, any idea how much a taxi would be from the La Quinta to the port of Miami? I'm having such a hard time finding an affordable decent hotel in Miami that we feel safe in leaving our car for a week.

Cab would be in the $60 range. Another option would be to take the free hotel shuttle to the Ft Lauderdale airport, from there take the $18 GOShuttle shared ride shuttle service to POM.

Archived