Liz dumps Dana Buchman

Jane110

Sad to report that the Liz Claiborne company has dumped their Dana Buchman line and we'll never see it again in the dpeartment stores.

Claiborne has sold the name to Kohls so that they can make cheaper clothing with the Buchman label.

Click here for a lovely letter from Dana Buchman...

http://www.danabuchman.com/

What is going on at Liz Claiborne? They are closing down some outlet stores, supposedly to focus on their higher end brands. This move with Dana Buchman doesn't follow that. There seems to be a big advertising push for Lucky brands. Perhaps they're putting their eggs in that basket, looking for a younger, casual audience after their success with Juicy?

Did they spread themselves too thin? Or are they just going to compromise their quality for quantity of sales at discounters?

I have always liked Dana Buchman an am sorry to hear this. Liz has radically declined in quality over the past few years. I was never fan of the styles but would occassionally pick up a turtleneck or casual item. Now they are almost disposable clothing.

My DB pieces are well made and elegant without being stuffy. I have several twin sets I bought in NYC and have worn for years and they are still in perfect condition.

Sadly another sign of the times. I liked Dana Buchanan jackets and pants because they were made for real women...fit in all the places they should fit in. We have so few deigners designing for that woman and so few manufacturers turning out quality. Well they can't take away her talent or good name...maybe she will return to Elen Tracy??

Archived