Would this be ok?

ldw81

HI everyone! I'm new to this site but have quickly become hooked on all the great advice I've found here. My fiance and I have decided to take a Carnival southern caribbean cruise for our honeymoon this July. I've started looking at some things to buy for the formal nights. I'm not a fan of dresses...I have a really hard time finding dresses that look ok with my hips! I was thinking I would wear a dress for one night and pants the other night....are these pants with the top ok to wear? (I'm 26 btw)

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=277020&CategoryID=24202

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=282141&CategoryID=24292&LinkType=SiteAd&LinkLoc=16904&AdID=43047

or this top...

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=282258&CategoryID=29541&LinkType=EverGreen

I couldn't see the pants, but if they're "daytime" wear, your really should get something more "evening appropriate". There are evening trousers--it's the material more than the cut that makes eveningwear different.

As to the tops, I liked the sparkly one best!

Looking at the sample photos I think you are on the right track.

Cocktail dresses are very appropriate now for cruiseline formal dinners, I should add on the main stream lines such as the one you are sailing. I find them far easier to pack than longer dresses. You will see a lot of women in evening pants instead of dresses as well.

Thanks for all of your advice/opinions. I've ordered two pairs of pants, two dresses, and a shirt (not the red one...had really awful reviews!) Fingers crossed that something will fit and look good on me!! :)

The white dress says it is made of stretch poplin. Poplin is not a fabric associated with formal or cocktail attire. Poplin is used in daytime slacks, skirts, and carpis and shorts. The dress is really, really cute, though. You can certainly wear it to the dining room any other night except formal night.

I completely agree. My first thought when I saw this was it's cute, but it's a daytime dress. OK for a casual night, but you'll feel underdressed on formal night.

Archived