suits

ldw81

My fiance and I are going on our first cruise this summer, on Carnival, for our honeymoon. He owns one suit that he bought many years ago. I've read that for formal nights the men should wear a tux or a dark suit....his is gray. I've tried to talk to him about buying a new one but so far he isn't interested. Any tips? Any suggestions on where I could find a nice, reasonably priced dark suit?

You might try Men's Warehouse or K&G. Even Sears, Penneys, Macy's...

A tux would be very distinguished, as would a sharp dark suit, but those don't have to be your only choices. A simple jacket and tie with slacks, of any color, would suffice.

Have a great voyage!

Repsol

High end consignment shops are a good bet if he is an average size. My DH bought a new tuxedo for $50.00 which was from a local men's store and retails for over $400. He also bought a very nice new Tommy Hilfiger suit in navy with a chalk stripe for $40.00 on clearance at the same shop. Check out the consignment stores in the better neighborhoods in your area.

ebay and the online outlets (smartbargains, overstock) also will have very good prices on men's suits. On these sites you need to know your brands if quality is a concern.

Good luck:)

There's no way my hubby is going to wear a suit, so he is taking khaki pants, navy blue blazer, dress shirt and ties. My Carnival PVP said that will do nicely:)

If he's going to wear a jacket and tie, what difference is there in a suit--except he'll look better!

To the original poster, yes, a grey suit should be ok--(dark grey, not pale grey, right?)

My fiance and I are going on our first cruise this summer, on Carnival, for our honeymoon. He owns one suit that he bought many years ago. I've read that for formal nights the men should wear a tux or a dark suit....his is gray. I've tried to talk to him about buying a new one but so far he isn't interested. Any tips? Any suggestions on where I could find a nice, reasonably priced dark suit?

Can I ask you a question? You said you're going on a cruise for your honeymoon and that implies that you will get married before then. What will your husband will be wearing for the wedding, would it be a suit or a tux or you're doing a casual wedding?

There's no way my hubby is going to wear a suit, so he is taking khaki pants, navy blue blazer, dress shirt and ties. My Carnival PVP said that will do nicely:)

If he's going to wear a jacket and tie, what difference is there in a suit--except he'll look better!

I can never figure out the rationale of this either. :confused:

First of all congratulations!

I remember taking my fiance (now wonderful husband) to buy a suit for the first time. He had an older suit but I pointed out that we were at an age where we were attending many weddings and he needed a new look.

I think many men are just overwhelmed with the entire experience of putting together an entire ensemble. I'd suggest going to a retailer where there is a tailor and salespeople who specialize in fitting a gentleman. They know body types, style etc. Tell them what your budget is and how often DH wears a suit. They will be able to help you with pull together the look with shirt and tie that will work for formal night and suggestions for other pieces that he could purchase when your budget allows for other events.

Archived