Painted Feathers -sold where?

LBS1

A few years ago my wife found a shop in Cozumel that was making and selling feathers that had landscapes and animals painted on them.

We will not have much shopping time and I am looking to see if anyone knows of such a place and has directions.

OK the truth; I hate wandering around looking at stuff to buy, searching for one store. I want to get off the ship, grab what she's looking for so I can enjoy something new.

I know that for some of you it may be sacrilegious for me to say but, I did not go on a cruise to shop. I can do that at home. I want to be able to spend my port time doing and seeing new things.:)

Thanks

I'll draw you a map and post it in a second :) I just got one saturday.

cozumelmap.jpg

There is an open area across from the pier w/ the ferries. There are different vendors there, restaurant. If you go to the back of the open area he is along the back towards the end away from the Punta Langosta Pier.

He is across from this clock :

47b6cc37b3127cce8f8edd8a4e0200000015108Cbt27ds2cU

I remember reading on cruise critic a few months ago about feather art and thought 'how cool' that would be. Alas, by the time of our cruise I had completely forgot about it!!!:o But, as luck would happen, as we were wondering around I spotted their main shop (which is very near the square as described above). I bought a four feather framed art piece of an underwater scene (sea turtle and fish) for $105US. I think it was a good deal for what goes into each piece but who knows;) They have one feather art starting @ $30 or so. They use different feather types including peacock, which were very cool. They also have whole butterflies that are painted, also very cool.

The lady, Mireya, who helped us is the sister of the artists, all brothers (I think) and she gave me a Mayan blessing before I left the store, also very cool:cool:

You can check out thier website (although the examples on the site do not do justice to the artwork in person) at balamarte.com and they have a map online for easy reference.

Archived