Settle Restaurant

We will be taken a cruise in April, it is my friends birthday I like to take her to a nice restaurant when we stop in Settle. Could anyone tell me of a nice restaurant that we can get to from the ship. Someone told me about Mamma Melina it is at Roosevelt way NE, can this be done from the port by cab with out costing a lot for the cab. Any advice would d be so appreciated. Thanks. Teresa

Six-Seven at the Edgwater Inn on the waterfront is within walking distance.

Anthony's is also on the waterfront.

Both are excellent.

There are 100's of great restaurants downtown, there is no need to go all the way to Rosevelt way.

Herre are 2 more of my favorites located 4 - 6 blocks from the waterfront.

II Bistro

206-682-3049

93A Pike St, Seattle

Pike Place Market

Dahlia Lounge 206-682-4142

2001 Fourth Ave, Seattle

• 2 weeks later...
I'm w/ Maler - Anthony's is very good. I've eaten there many times and it never dissapoints!

Good luck have a great time!

One more tip about Anthony's which I agree is a great restaurant. You didn't mention which day you will be in Seattle but on Monday thru Friday from 4:30 to 6:00pm they offer and "Sunset Dinner" menu which is a four course dinner for under $20. It is a limited menu but it has the Alder Smoked Salmon on it which is my favorite. Here is the link to the menu:

http://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/menus.html#7

Another option is one of Tom Douglas's restaurants. He is considered to be one of the quintessential Seattle Chefs - all the Food Network Stars visit his restaurants when they film shows about Seattle. I'd suggest Dhalia Lounge. Chef Douglas is renowned for his crab cakes so be sure to try those. Also the little "donuts" for dessert are not to be missed.

http://tomdouglas.com/dahlia/index.html

• 3 weeks later...

Any great places to have a "dinner" at lunch time?

My husband is looking forward to dungess crab and I remember on our last trip to Seattle we paid more for our dinner than our hotel room!!

So I was wondering if there is a really nice (maybe waterfront) place that is a "Special Occasion" restaurant, that is open for lunch with a menu that is similar to dinner (with lunch time prices)?

itsanita - hmmm, lunch at dinner...of course, I'd look into Anthony's and Ivar's (Ivar's also has a good Sunday brunch if you're here that day). Oceanaire on 7th/Olive is excellent (walkable from any downtown hotel), as is the Waterfront down on Pier 70.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Portland and have travelled to Seattle for years on business. I frequently took customers out to lunch (and sometimes dinner) and always let them choose the restaurant. Etta's has some of the best crabcakes in the Northwest. It is near Pike Place Market. The best beef I have ever had on the West Coast has come from the Metropolitan Grill. The Met is a Seattle institution on Second not too far from the Market. This is an independently-owned restaurant with awesome food. The steak salad (salad with perfectly cooked-to-order steak on top plus lots of blue cheese crumbles and a fabulous viniagrette) is so popular they added it to their dinner menu (used to be a lunch only item). The many-layered chocolate cake is one of the best I have ever had. This is not an inexpensive restaurant--dinner for two can run $40+ for each entree, not including salad, potato, dessert, drinks. My husband and I have spent close to $200 for dinner with drinks or wine, but we don't do it very often, so worh the splurge for us. McCormick and Schmick's is on First St. and is one of the best seafood restaurants in the Northwest. This is a chain but it started in Portland and has a huge "fresh sheet" daily. Elliott's on the Sound is also good and has some views of the Sound. A couple restaurants which have amazing views are Salty's on Alki and Palisade, which are located so they have wonderful views looking back at the Seattle skyline from the edges of Puget Sounds.

• 3 weeks later...
Any suggestions for Dungeness crab? Not the "cakes", but the crab itself?

Still looking for a place that serves Dungeness crab. We were in Seattle several years ago and my DH ordered one, actually took the "shell" home with us. He still raves about it. But looking online at the menus, I have not seen one listed. Any suggestions? We are staying at either the Weston or Sheraton downtown (using points, but have not decided which one yet).

Has anyone every ate at the top of the space needle resturant. It is my friends birthday and I would like to take her there for lunch. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks Teresa

I have not "Done" lunch but the view is second to none of course. Our friends from the area always tell us the food is just so so and of course being way up there...the price is also. Regardless it would be a perfect BD outing I think.

Here in the SF Bay area, dungeness crab is seasonal; the season usually opens in November and runs through spring. They may get more crab from the Northern waters, including Alaske, in Seattle, and it might be available when you are there. I've had great Dungeness crab in early September at Elliott's on the waterfront.

Here in the SF Bay area, dungeness crab is seasonal; the season usually opens in November and runs through spring. They may get more crab from the Northern waters, including Alaske, in Seattle, and it might be available when you are there. I've had great Dungeness crab in early September at Elliott's on the waterfront.

Thanks so much. That explains why I can't find it on the menus I'm reading online! My DH had it when we were in Seattle around the 2-3 week in September..it must have just started the season. We will be in Seattle Sept 13-15 and I will look into Elliott's. And I guess check it out when we get there.

There is a place called the Crab Pot that's on the pier just south of the aquarium, so north of the pier with Elliot's on it, can't remember the number (56 maybe?). It's very casual, but they do a big seafood feast thing where they just dump a pot of seafood, including crab, on your table and your party shares it all. It's certainly not elegant dining but I've heard it's very good.

For something more upscale, Anthony's should have crab when it's in season, that's right at Pier 66 (one of the cruise ship piers). Salty's over in West Seattle should have it in season too--you can take the Water Taxi over there from downtown (http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/oto/water_taxi.html). Or there's also Chandler's Crab House in the South Lake Union area. You can take the South Lake Union Streetcar there from downtown (http://www.seattlestreetcar.org/). All of those are locally-owned places.

• 4 weeks later...

For a completely different experience, try Bakeman's on Cherry, just west of 2nd. Fresh, fresh, fresh, roasted turkey sandwiches are the specialty, along with delicious homemade soups. This place is the West Coast version of the "soup ****" from Seinfeld. Semi-rude staff is part of the experience! It's below street level, so no view, and you push your own tray (no table service), but the food is so good, and the experience unique. I wouldn't recommend it for your only Seattle dining experience, but if you are going to be there a couple of days.

My favorite restaurant in Seattle is Campagne. French food incorporating local seafood. Also love the Metropolitan Grille, but it is tres expensive. Pink Door is also excellent for Italian, and has a view as well. Still want to do the Dahlia and Etta's. Next trip!

• 2 months later...
Has anyone every ate at the top of the space needle resturant. It is my friends birthday and I would like to take her there for lunch. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks Teresa

Hmmmm Im sure you've already done the B'day with your Friend - but if you havent, just be sure to get your reservation in - and instead of during the day, why not go at night & see the night city skyline?

So, Teresa - if you're still reading these posts & you already did the lunch thing...How did it go? Did you have lunch in the Space Needle?

I too would love to know if the Space Needle is worth spending the bucks ...on a clear night.

If the food is great, it would be worth it, but if the food is so so...that's a lot of money for a view. You can always go up to the observation deck for that.

Th only place I've eaten at in Seattle is Etta's. It was fabulous! All three courses and service were terrific. It is fairly casual and prices are reasonable. Frommer's reccomends Lowell's in Pike Place for its incredible view and fair prices (they warn of spotty service). It closes when the market closes. I would like to point out to people traveling in from out of town that Anthony's is actually a PNW chain restaurant with over 20 locations. Etta's (and many other local restaurants) are in the same price point. My experiences at my local Anthony's have been mixed, but I feel that reflects more on my town than on Anthony's as a chain.

When I get to go back home to Bremerton, we stay at the Hampton Inn right there by the ferry terminal. Anthony's is there too...have never been there..I grab a subway sandwich and head back to the room :o - So...how is Anthonys..what can I expect or not expect there? I'm willing to try them now that you've mentioned them.

I haven't been to the Space Needle in several years, but last time I was there the food was just so-so. You're really paying for the view there. Of course, it's now so expensive to take the elevator up to the top, it may be worth the price of the meal (since people eating at the Space Needle get the elevator ride for free).

I have found Anthony's to be a good restaurant--they have a very nice brunch, actually. I'd rate it as about equal to McCormick & Schmick in terms of food quality, but the view at the Anthony's downtown is of course much better than at either of the downtown McC&S locations.

Archived