Summit Aft 9160

LillyDilly

Hi

My husband and I and friends of ours are booked for these 2 cabins in January. When are you sailing??

I did a lot of research prior to booking these rooms. There are mixed reviews regarding the noise above, but I haven't heard anything about cigar smoke. I found for the most part that most people were not bothered by the noise. At the time I booked, we needed 2 rooms and no other aft cabins were available on the other decks. We all decided that this cabin would be worth a little noise!

Dawn

I will let you know how it was. We are set to sail Summit in 9162 on 10/25. I am just happy to have an Aft balcony. Don't wait long to reserve one, they will all be gone before you know it. Also, check Celebrity's website daily to see if another FV becomes available. I will try and post some pics of this cabin (9162) when I get back. Have a great trip!

We were in 9164 on the Constellation and loved it. It's a definite improvement over the sides of the ship because the balconies are much larger and the view is fabulous. We had booked a side cabin because aft was sold out but then we waitlisted for 9164 (it's wheelchair accessible) and it was confirmed several months before sailing. It was our understanding that if a disabled person needed it then we would be moved. Well, we got lucky because the cabin is bigger than the other standard aft cabins so the balcony is even bigger, too. Noise was not an issue at all.

Good luck, you can't go wrong with an aft cabin.

I will definitely be in the minority here, and this is just our personal opinion, but we would not pick an aft cabin again, especially on Sky deck. On our recent Summit cruise we had both an aft FV and a side CC on Sky deck (5 of us traveling). We much prefered our small, cozy, quiet balcony on the side to the one in the back. Aside from some noise, which alone would not have been too bad, there was a good amount of cigar/cigarette smoke wafting down as well as occasional garbage from above - i.e. soda cans and various food items. We also did not care much for the tunnel vision effect from the aft balcony. Again, this is just our opinion, but after two Summit sailings in a regular CC cabin and this one time aft, we would not choose this again, unless we needed the added size of the FV cabin - maybe...

Great information everyone. We are sailing on the Summit January 16, 05. I like the idea of waitllisting for the special needs cabin if it is not needed. I am always kind of mesmerized by the wake of a large ship and I think I will give the aft a try. I have always thought mid-ship when booking but I have broadened my thinking.

Thanks, Lilly

I stayed in 9160. Aside from the large deck, I was not thrilled with the cabin. There was frequent chair-scraping noise from above, and virtually no sun (the balcony is completely covered).

I would take the same cabin on the 7th or 8th deck, but I would not stay on the 9th deck aft again.

I highly recommend 6144/6145. These have large, teak wood balconies and are very quiet.

Archived