Comfort Inn and Hotel Milano

ldw81

We are booked on a cruise out of San Juan leaving July 20. We booked a night at the Hotel Milano the night before the cruise...has anyone stayed there before?? Good experience?

Also, the night we get back to San Juan we are staying at the Comfort Inn in the Condado area. We got a great deal on this room (thanks to our Sam's Club membership;) Again, has anyone stayed there before?

We always stay at Hotel Milano, as a matter of fact we will be staying again the week after you.

The good:

I love the location and we just walk to the pier to board the ship.

The rooftop bar is very relaxing and the rooms are clean.

The bad:

The rooms are small, especially the front rooms.

It gets very loud at night, it is on old San Juans main strip with clubs all around the Hotel and the party doesn't get hopping until 2 or 3 am.

Hope this helps.

As for the Hotel Milano I have a few more (personal opinions):

Good:

*Chicken Caesar Salad for Lunch

*Rooms were very clean (almost antiseptically so)

Bad:

*NOT a good place for Dinner

*Staff was less friendly then most other in OSJ (locals)

*Got to have the World's slowest elevator

I love the location and we just walk to the pier to board the ship.

Respectfully, this is one area where I'd disagree with you.

Picture this:

*It's probably a weekend day, so the streets are more crowded than usual, both with cars and pedestrian traffic

*Narrow sidewalks

*Cobblestone streets

*Several blocks to the pier

Personally there was no way that I was going to schlep my 29" Pullman behind me through all of that................

It was a taxi for us!

We've stayed at Milano - felt the location was perfect, the rooms clean (though small), the staff friendly. We only at breakfast at their restaurant, since it's so close to The Parrot Club and Aguaviva. And we, too, wouldn't walk to the pier from there. When we stayed at the Sheraton OSJ (then the Wyndham OSJ), and RCI embarked at Pier 4, we always walked over, but that's a very short walk. Hotel Milano is walkable to pier 4 - without suitcases. However, RCI now uses the Pan Am Pier, and there are no hotels within walking distance.

We'd stay at Milano again, except for the fact that they've got a 2 night minimum weekends in January.

We are booked on a cruise out of San Juan leaving July 20. We booked a night at the Hotel Milano the night before the cruise...has anyone stayed there before?? Good experience?

Also, the night we get back to San Juan we are staying at the Comfort Inn in the Condado area. We got a great deal on this room (thanks to our Sam's Club membership;) Again, has anyone stayed there before?

Stayed at the Holiday Inn next door to the Comfort Inn but had to go to the Comfort to buy a parking space. You will get what you paid for. Didnt see the rooms but the lobby was old and depressing :(

Archived