Pride/Mexican Riviera or Legend/Southern Caribbean???

Carnivalqueen5

I am in the process of planning a group cruise for my Friends and Family in November 2005. We cruised the Carnival Conquest in November 2003. At this time, I have narrowed it down to two cruises: The 8 day Southern Carribbean on Carnival Legend from Ft. Lauderdale to St Maarten, Barbados, and Martinique and the 7 day Mexican Riviera on Carnival Pride from Los Angeles to Puerto Vallarta, Maztalan, and Cabo San Lucas. Does anyone have an opinion on which would be the best cruise/itinerary? Also, I have a concern about the weather on deck leaving from Los Angeles. Can anyone give me any information on this? It's important to us because we nearly froze on deck- leaving and coming back into New Orleans on the Conquest. It was cold!!! I've been told that it can get really chilly in LA in the evening. Any comments would Help! Thanks!

I went on the Mexican Riviera on the Elation. The cruise was in December. LA was actually colder than Philadelphia. The days at sea were too cold for sunbathing. :( Our waiter said when we pulled out of Cabo to look for the line of clouds and watch the temperature drop. He was right ON.

The weather in port was great. Hint if you are thinking of horseback riding check out Randi's.

As for the ship I was on the Legend (similar to the Pride) and am sailing on another sister ship the Spirit. It is out of San Diago and go further south so hopefully the weather should be warm. The ships are smaller than the Conquest.

I have cruised the Mex Riviera twice (even used to live in Long Beach). My advice is don't do it!!!

I guarantee ya that at the very least, the first and last sea days will be windy and cold. How can I say this? I cruised once at the end of June and the other time was the first week in July!

It does warm up once you are in Mx. However, the quality of the ports pales, really pales when compared to the Carribean. Even though I can drive down to Long Beach, I would rather pay the $ to fly to FL.

As a matter of fact, sometimes a cruise from FL, including airfare, isn't much more than the cost of just a cruise from CA. Case in point- my Xmas cruise on the Victory, including airfare, is slightly CHEAPER than just a cruise on the Pride.

Archived