Valor--Eastern Carribean

clairebelle

Hi! We finally decided on the Valor for our "Never Taken Honeymoon" (8 years married and two kids later!) We are on the April 6 cruise...anybody have any suggestions or tips. Any insights? Suggestions on excursions? activities? Can't be misseds? We are in our very early 30s my husband is military and I am a teacher and we are laid back, active, and enjoy our fun! I don't know if that description helps for any advice or suggestions you might give!:)

on the Valor last october. can't say how the eastern will be, but you will love the ship. this was our second cruise, and both were very much fun, but the Valor is a beautiful ship. we are in the planning stage for our third

which will most likely be an eastern caribbean cruise.

go and enjoy.

doug

Don't mean to hijack your thread--but my DH and I have 3 kids (2nd marriage for both) and decided while the girls (18 and 17) were willing to travel with us, we would not take our honeymoon. Well, one is now in college and both working so now may be the time--DS, 12, may not think so!!!! Anyway, we are booked in aft cabin for 8/24 but still in a bit of turmoil since Hawaii was supposed to be our honeymoone. We, too, would love to hear about the ship, excursions and especially the aft cabins. There doesn't seem to be the threads on this ship as others but hoping for more now that it is out of drydock!!

We've done beginners scuba diving in st. thomas a couple times. Theres also a lot of shopping, and Margaritaville, which is always fun. There's snorkel day sails and stuff. This time we're gonna take a beach day at Sapphire (which we've heard is even better than Megan's Bay, and has water sports and wave runners.

Cant remember Naussau, and this in a few weeks will be our first time in St. Maarten. We're debating taking a 3 island snorkel trip through a private company, but cant decide.

We were on the Valor 2 years ago, and had a great time. Its a typical Carnival ship and I'm sure you'll love it! Plus I think I heard it now has an outdoor movie theater, but I may be wrong.

Have Fun!

We have looked at that 3 beach tour with the outside company as well. I think its st marteen excursions. They also have a site for St. Thomas as well. I have read online; however, that St. Marteen's snorkling isn't that great and that Nassau or St. Thomas is better. Have you heard this as well?

We are looking at doing an ATV excursion in St. Marteen, maybe. or go with one from the outside company.

Archived