When does the rocking feeling stop??

thesawch

We have been off the ship now for 48 hours and the DW and I still have the rocking feeling that we are on the boat still.I am standing in the kitchen doing something and i feel like i am rocking back and forth like when i am on the ship.It has been 48 hours so is it just me or do other people have that feeling after there cruise??? Thesawch

I've had it for up to 9 days, and it is NOT fun at all. Bonine will not make it go away and it's not the fluid swishing back and forth. It's call Mal De Disembarqment (MDD) and it if you do a search on here, you should find some info. The best thing to do relax and don't worry about it, get enough sleep at night and it should eventually go away.

Good luck!

If it lasts more than 10 days, you should consult a physician. Very, very rarely, it can turn into a major problem. Fortunately, for most of us, it resolves in less than a week.

If it gets to be too uncomfortable, take a ride in a car. For many sufferers, symptoms will temporarily subside when in motion.

It is an odd feeling! Funny how some times it happens and sometimes not? Last February we cruised on Mariner and it we had some really rough seas!! It does not bother me onboard and I was fine after that cruise. This Christmas we did a 5 night on Navigator and the seas were very, very calm but once I was off the ship I really rocked and rolled and it lasted about 7 days! I tried Bonine and Dramamine but it did not help. Even laying in bed I was moving! I agree with the other posters...feel better soon and book another cruise:)

I went on a 7 day cruise last March and I rock and rolled for at least five days...then my hubby and I went on a three night cruise in November and I didn't have any rocking at all! I'm sure it will happen again after our seven night cruise this May...:rolleyes:

I also only experienced it on our first couple of cruises but none after that. I was beginning to wonder whether I was just getting used to it so didn't notice it on the later cruises. I had mentioned this problem to my son and his GF when they took their first cruise and they didn't experience it at all, but they also had pretty calm waters the whole time so maybe that explains it.

On our last cruise, I had a terrible time with motion sickness on the ship, but my husband said he was just "annoyed" by the motion. When we got home, I was fine, but he was dizzy and felt his world rocking for a week.....and was more than "annoyed"!:(

To me, it seems like the rougher the seas during the cruise, the longer the motion feeling lasts. It's strange to have the feeling on land since the motion doesn't bother me at sea. It usually lasts 2 - 5 days but I notice it more when I first lay down in bed or when I'm going down the stairs.

I've had it for as long as 3 months...but not going to stop cruising...the last few it has only been a couple weeks each time...and there seems to be no rhyme or reason...the cruise I was on with the roughest seas it only lasted a day or two, the longer the cruise the less it seems to bother me too... the worst was after a short 4 day on the Sovereign....it CAN be quite debilitating for some, but at least in my case it does eventually go away....no medicine I tried ever helped at all....Good luck..!!

I had it for a week really bad this last cruise, bad dizziness...finally went to the Dr.

I had fluid in my ears and had to go on prednisone...:rolleyes:

We did have a rough last sailing day so I though it was the usual sea legs....

so just to be safe, keep an eye on it

I had it for a week really bad this last cruise, bad dizziness...finally went to the Dr.

I had fluid in my ears and had to go on prednisone...:rolleyes:

We did have a rough last sailing day so I though it was the usual sea legs....

so just to be safe, keep an eye on it

I don't know, it happens in other areas of life too. I had one of those babies who cried non stop for 18th months. I spent months on my feet, rocking him back and forth. Somewhere around the time he was about 2 and a half, I was talking to someone and they asked my why I was rocking back and forth. (My son was not in my arms at the time). It had gotten to be such a habit, I swayed all the time. :D As for the feeling of the ship rocking, generally speaking it lasts a couple of days for me.

Archived