Millie Deck 7 Back of Ship,Good or Bad??

cruz4us2

I have read many posts reg; location of ones cabin. We were on Summit last cruise 8th flr Midship. We heard how nice and big the rear Cabins are so thought we would try one. We were able to book #7206 CC, has anyone had trouble w/these cabins? Look forward to your input! Thanks

I hope the Aft CC's are good, I have two booked for my Millennium b2b cruise next year. Everyone says they are the best, and I mean to find out for myself! :)
Oh no, they're awful. In a regular cabin, you step out your balcony door and you're right there at the rail, ready to see everything. In an aft, you have to walk a full 18 to 20 feet, weaving your way around your large dining table & chairs and your individual full-length lounges every time you want to lean on your rail. I advise you to switch as soon as you can. :D

That's it, we can take those undesireable cabins off his hands... :D

One of my fondest cruise memories is sitting on my balcony (corner cabin, but deck 9) as we went through the Panama Canal, sipping coffee and smoking a good cigar.

I had the balcony door open with the bow cam on the TV...noone on that ship had a better view!

Some people don't like aft cabins...but it's my favorite.

I wouldn't take that cabin !!! if you dont want to have 18 feet of space between your sliding doors and the hand rail, if you dont want to sit at a full sized table, dressed with linen and a rose bud in the middle, looking onto the wake of the ship whilst you have breakfast.

Or to sit in the evening sipping your drink of choice, whilst being serenaded by the guitarist who is playing up on deck 10.

If you dont want the added quietness of being at the end of the corridor, so no passing traffic in the wee small hours.

If you dont want to have to chose between sitting on a chair, a lounger or a reclining sun bed.

Oh no I wouldn't take it for a single cruise at all....I'd take it for a B2B2B2B2B

Honestly I love these cabins and will be in 7208 on the Constellation in 5 weeks time and our friends will be in 7206.

Enjoy, but beware once you've sailed AFt there's no way back or should that be forward :)

Happycruzer

One of my fondest cruise memories is sitting on my balcony (corner cabin, but deck 9) as we went through the Panama Canal, sipping coffee and smoking a good cigar.

The following is an EXCERPT from the current Celebrity website FAQs page with answers to the question, "What is your onboard smoking policy?" dated 2008:

"Please note that at no time is cigar and pipe smoking permitted in staterooms/suites or on their verandas."

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000By_EZdBoZ7qzQmtsoxpOmkO:12hdbcuh7?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=572&pagename=faq_answers

Your neighbors can also enjoy their verandahs because of this policy.

Are the aft cc balconies on deck 7 larger then on deck 8 or 9?

cruz4us2,

We were in a Millennium Deck 7 aft cabin and loved it.

duchess43,

I measured the Deck 7 aft balconies as being 22' 7" deep. Deck 8 aft balconies were 19' 6" deep so Deck 7 is 3 feet deeper than Deck 8. Presumably Deck 8 is 3 feet deeper than Deck 9.

Slightly, but not by very much at all ... this is 7206:

232389357kcetjD_ph.jpg

Thanks for the input....we met with Ken,Barry,Sharon on the Summit cruise 9/2006 good to hear from you! And thanks for the advise!This is the former craze2....Donna & Ric we loved it so much we are headed back in Sept.08 was disapointed the Summit is not sailing to Alaska this year! We are starting in ANC taking the train to Seward down to VAC.

Archived