What type of money security should we use?

mrq202

We're going to the Western Carribean on Saturday, Feb. 16th! It's a 7-day cruise for our 25th anniversary. My wife and I are really excited for our first crusie. However, what type of money security should I use? Money Belt? Neck wallet? Silk money pouch? Water-proof pack? I'd appreciate any help you could give....... This is going to be a blast.... Also, what do you recommend for possible sea sickness? Thanks all......

You really can't be too safe with your money, no matter where you are. I always use a money belt for the majority of my money and credit card, and then a coin purse or similar where I keep a little money in my purse. I don't take more than I think I'll use and the rest stays in the safe in the cabin.

I really don't have any trouble with sea sickness, but I always carry Bonine because it's non-drowsy, but I never have had to use it. I also found some ginger Altoids, bring those too but haven't used them. :) Some people who have had severe problems get a prescription patch, Scopalomine, I think.

Congratulations on your anniversary, and have a really wonderful time!

Jane

Only take ashore the amounts you think you will need--never carry ALL of your money with you! Either lock it in your room safe (or if you don't have a safe, in a safe deposit box at the purser's desk!) Don't carry all of your credit cards, either--take only one, and leave the rest on the ship.

You don't need to go "overboard" (so to speak) with your safety measures--but do be careful (like you would anywhere!) and have fun!

DH has two wallets - one for the current port and his normal wallet (kept in safe). The current port wallet has a photo copy of his passport, one credit card and currency of the country we are visiting or enough dollars for the day. DH adds his drivers licence for ports requiring photo ID. He carries a list of his medications and important phone numbers. And one final thing - he carries the part of the ship's daily publication that lists emergency contact numbers for that port. Other than the current port wallet, he takes the same precautions used here at home.

PS You might want to check with your credit card company about fees charged for using in foreign countries. There are some that don't add on the extra %. Also call the credit card company to let them know your itinerary ahead of time.

I've found that a front pocket wallet is handy. Mine holds a couple cards and a mag money clip. I don't care for any fanny packs as those tell everyone "here it is" regardless of how you carry it. Just my 2 cents. I also agree with just bringing what you need, not the whole enchilada.

We're going to the Western Carribean on Saturday, Feb. 16th! It's a 7-day cruise for our 25th anniversary. My wife and I are really excited for our first crusie. However, what type of money security should I use? Money Belt? Neck wallet? Silk money pouch? Water-proof pack? I'd appreciate any help you could give....... This is going to be a blast.... Also, what do you recommend for possible sea sickness? Thanks all......
We had no concerns about money security in any of the western ports; however, we did take precautions. All of our plans involved beaches and water, and my husband (probably the least likely in our family to be robbed) wore swim trunks with zippered pockets. He carried our ship ID cards and some money. Thinking that it's best not to have everything in one spot, I carried some money in my cover-up shorts. We didn't plan to do much shopping, so we didn't carry much anywhere.

We use a product called braceletmate:

home_top1.jpg

The beads look like a bracelet and goes on the outside with the wallet part inside nearer your bod. It holds our driver's license, sea pass card, money, and credit card(s).

You can find it by searching for Canale Originals. We have one in every color.

home_top1.jpg

The beads look like a bracelet and goes on the outside with the wallet part inside nearer your bod. It holds our driver's license, sea pass card, money, and credit card(s).

home_top1.jpg

The beads look like a bracelet and goes on the outside with the wallet part inside nearer your body. It holds our driver's license, sea pass card, money, and credit card(s).

Archived