SAN to FLL

Gocruzin

What is a good price for San Diego to Fort Lauderdale roundtrip? And what is a good price for that trip during Spring break specifically March 21st thru 29th? I really want to do a Spring break cruise the prices are great but DH refuses to pay the airfare. He says the airfare is way higher than normal, is it? I don't know what the normal price for that trip is. Thanks

Do you mean for this year? If so, if you can get flights at any price take them.

Because Easter is March 23rd there are MORE kids on spring break the same week as you, so prices for everything are automatically higher. You aren't going to find many cheap flights left at this point, at least not ones that would work with a cruise.

Thank you for your response. I understand that because of Easter and spring break the prices will be higher. I just wanted to get an idea of the average price or good price versus holiday price. Since I don't know what the typical airfare cost is for that flight at any time of the year I thought I would ask here.

Using History.Farecompare.com, an average, ordinary round trip airfare from SAN to FLL has been about $400 over the last 6 months. However, as one can see from their graphical look of historical fares (note that from point A to point B they report one-way fares), this has ranged from a low of $320 to a high of $520.

I always use the analogy of air fares to stock prices. Within the past 52-weeks there is always a high point and a low point. Now does that mean going forward that prices will only stay in the range? Well, talk to me in a few months after the fact.

The fact of the matter is is that airfare prices can go up or down at random and only you can make the call as to what a "good" price is.

As for the husband's point-of-view that ticket prices are "higher than normal", I would like to ask what his idea of "normal" is because in my opinion, the only thing "normal" about ticket prices is that there is nothing "normal" about them.

What is a good price for San Diego to Fort Lauderdale roundtrip?

Remember that you can also use either west palm beach or miami as alternative airports. The ground transfer cost may be a bit higher, but the price might be better. I just saw a red eye trip from SAN to PBI for $400 taxes included for your date on US air. The red eye will even save you more by avoiding a hotel bill.

In looking at your vacation, you need to add up all the costs to see how good a deal you are getting. For example, spending $100 more on airfare to save $200 on your cruise price is a good deal.

Good luck

Also instead of flying out of SAN, what about going up I-5 to Carlsbad, Orange County, Long Beach, or LAX? Or even going out to Ontario or Burbank?

In airfares now-a-days, you can often get a good deal by expanding your search to surrounding airports.

Archived