Sydney & Charlottetown Car Rental Offices

mtgibson

There are several car rental agencies that have an office both at the airport and downtown. It might be a 15 minute walk from the pier but most of them have free pick-up and drop off so no worries. Discount, Budget, Enterprise are all about a kilometer from the pier, that's less then a mile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

The port in Sydney is about 5 miles from some of the car rental companies. The fare for a taxi to go from the port to the offices on Grand Lake Road would be fairly cheap. One taxi place I called said the fare would be approximately $7. The distance from the cruise port to the airport is roughly 8 1/2 miles. Some of the car companies may even have a shuttle that would pick you up and drop you off, or they may be willing to drop the car off to you at the port. I tried calling some tonight but the offices were closed. If you want me to do some more legwork for you, just let me know.

Good luck!

:-)

Hello,

I called the listings for the area, and found the ones that offer free shuttle service. You could book the car online through the national reservation systems if you wanted to. Regardless of where you book, as soon as you do I would call the local office to let them know ahead of time that you will need the shuttle...they may be there waiting for you rather than you calling and waiting for them to get there once you arrive.

Avis Car & Truck Rental - 902-563-2847

Sydney Airport , Sydney , NS

They have a shuttle that takes you from the port to the office, and vice versa

Budget Car And Truck Rental - 902-564-2610

224 Welton , Sydney , NS

Discount Car And Truck Rentals - 902-562-1155

Sydney , NS

(contact::Paul Carabin)

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - 902-539-6700, 1-800-736-8222, 1-800-325-8007

Sydney

446 Grand Lake Road , Sydney , NS B1P 5S8

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

We reserved with Enterprise in Charlottetown and Sydney. In Charlottetown, they brought the car to a parking lot just outside the security gate at the pier, and we dropped the car at the same place with the keys locked inside. In Sydney, on the other hand, they were unable to produce a car within 90 minutes of our reserved time.

Enterprise seems to be least expensive and the only company which offers unlimited mileage in the maritimes - but Sydney apparently has a very small fleet.

Archived