Carnival Destiny - Southern Carribean shore excursions

ilovetravel123

Hi,

We are scheduled to go on Carnival Destiny sailing on March 16th to sourthern carribean. Does anyone happen to have the pricing list for the shore excursions offered through carnival? We are just trying to get an estimate of how much they are so we can compare them to quotes we get from outside companies.

Thanks.

If you go on Carnival.com Sign in (easy to do if you have not done so yet). Click on my reservation, look up shore excorsions, click on the island, and it will list all the excorsions that are still available. They are booking up fast, however added some new ones in the past two weeks.

We too are on the Destiny March 16th. Have a great cruise. There is 12 of us in all.

I hope you all have more up on the carnival.com site then we do.... we cruise the week before you and there are still a few ports with just 1 or 2 shore excursions listed to pick from.

Yea I see that some of the islands have only a few options listed. Does that mean that the others are booked up? Or that they just haven't posted the remaining excursions?

I heard the new Carnival site and the 2008 contracts with the excursion providers have delayed the posting and some should be coming available on the site or on board. We're going in May and St. Kitts only has one posted and St. Lucia has two. There are a lot of alternative excursions in the port forums. We've already booked a few. Enjoy!

I don't know what sort of excursions you are interested in, and we only did 1 ship sponsored on the Destiny (2007 itin), but here was what we did:

St Thomas - Cab to Magen's bay. We were the only ship in port that day, and Magen's bay was empty.

Dominica - Originally had river tubing booked (through the ship), but it was canceled due to rough rivers... lots of times when this happens the private tours through Wacky Rollers still go out. We ended up doing a hike to Sari Sari falls for $79 a person. It was great.

Barbados - Took a cab over the Accra/Rockley Beach... cab drivers didn't want to take us as it's out of the way of the super touristy beaches... there were 5 ships in port that day, and Accra was just perfect. Would definatley recommend it.. they had decent size waves, and not a huge undertow at all.

St Lucia - Cosol Tour... it was great, shame they took this port of the itin

Antigua - Book a tour here... we didn't and regretted it. The pushiest vendors/cab drivers anywhere. We went to Dickenson's Bay (where the new Sandals was) and the vendors on the beach were super pushy as well

St Maartin - different cruise, but we went to Loterie Farms and did the zip lining tour. It was awesome.. There was only one other couple on the course when we were. The only time it is harder to get on the course is if a Royal brand ship is in port because they have a contract with Loterie Farms... it doesn't appear they are when you are in port though. After the tour the Farm (with their registered taxi) dropped us of at Orient Bay for the afternoon.

Here are the links to my reviews with a bit more info and pricing:

Destiny -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=687209

Valor -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=510485

Antigua - Book a tour here... we didn't and regretted it. The pushiest vendors/cab drivers anywhere. We went to Dickenson's Bay (where the new Sandals was) and the vendors on the beach were super pushy as well

Thanks for the update on Dickenson! I hate to be bothered on the beach. We too booked Cosol for St. Lucia

We were haggled by vendors non-stop on Runaway Beach in Antigua. It's a gorgeous beach and we loved it, but the vendors are quite pushy. The same ones would come back to us in 10 minutes and ask again if we wanted anything. Or rather, tell us that "they needed to make a living" and practically beg us to buy something.

We only did one Carnival sponsored excursion and that was the BOSS Excursion in St. Thomas. It was $119 pp and couldn't be booked privately.

If you are interested in river tubing in Dominica, I would strongly recommend booking directly through Wacky Rollers. It is quite a bit cheaper than Carnival's excursion through a different company (If memory serves correctly, it was about $25-30 cheaper pp) and you get more time on the river. Carnival's excursion also cancels due to rain quite often while Wacky Rollers will go unless it's storming. We had a blast with Wacky Rollers!

Thanks for the update on Dickenson! I hate to be bothered on the beach. We too booked Cosol for St. Lucia

We were haggled by vendors non-stop on Runaway Beach in Antigua. It's a gorgeous beach and we loved it, but the vendors are quite pushy. The same ones would come back to us in 10 minutes and ask again if we wanted anything. Or rather, tell us that "they needed to make a living" and practically beg us to buy something.

I really feel like this was just how Antigua was. Sometimes I just wonder if maybe I expected it to be a bit more of an upscale island, and expected too much. Then I think about the other 5 islands we were at, and no vendors/cab drivers were nearly as pushy.

Carnival offers the See Antigua by Sea tour and I think I would look to book something like that if we ever make it back down there. . . I have heard nothing but good things about it.

I really feel like this was just how Antigua was. Sometimes I just wonder if maybe I expected it to be a bit more of an upscale island, and expected too much. Then I think about the other 5 islands we were at, and no vendors/cab drivers were nearly as pushy.

Carnival offers the See Antigua by Sea tour and I think I would look to book something like that if we ever make it back down there. . . I have heard nothing but good things about it.

What do you know about See Antigua by Sea? Is it a good tour?

We cruise in 2 weeks, March 2nd... and still dont have all our excursions listed. St. Kitts has one, and St. Maarten only has 4 (3 diving, and 1 regatta). People on our sailing have been calling Carnival to figure out whats going on and have gotten nowhere.

We were told by one person "that means they're all filled up," which we know isnt the case as we've been checking them for months and they were never there to begin with. In fact, for a while, nothing was listed.

Another person told us we're just "out of luck. you can see whats offered when you're on the ship." We book on our own sometimes, and like to have a comparison as to what Carnival offers. We dont want to be in a situation where an excursion we want to do is full (has happened before), and we are left with no way to even book it on our own.

Our plans so far...

St. Thomas- Sapphire Beach

Dominica- Private Rainforest ATVs

Barbados- Boatyard Beach

Antigua- Anyone done the Carnival Catamaran and Snorkel?????

St. Kitts- Maybe get a driver for the day and sight see

St. Maarten- Rhino Rider-Seafari type things, booked privately

We cruise in 2 weeks, March 2nd... and still dont have all our excursions listed. St. Kitts has one, and St. Maarten only has 4 (3 diving, and 1 regatta). People on our sailing have been calling Carnival to figure out whats going on and have gotten nowhere.

We were told by one person "that means they're all filled up," which we know isnt the case as we've been checking them for months and they were never there to begin with. In fact, for a while, nothing was listed.

Another person told us we're just "out of luck. you can see whats offered when you're on the ship." We book on our own sometimes, and like to have a comparison as to what Carnival offers. We dont want to be in a situation where an excursion we want to do is full (has happened before), and we are left with no way to even book it on our own.

Our plans so far...

St. Thomas- Sapphire Beach

Dominica- Private Rainforest ATVs

Barbados- Boatyard Beach

Antigua- Anyone done the Carnival Catamaran and Snorkel?????

St. Kitts- Maybe get a driver for the day and sight see

St. Maarten- Rhino Rider-Seafari type things, booked privately

Some have been saying the reason a lot of the tours don't show up is because Carnival is still in the process on contract negotiations with the vendors...

Unless you are 100% sold on Boatyard in Barbados, take a look at this thread... the beach doesn't have blow up floats in the water, but it does have some fun waves to play in and no entrance fee...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=641994

• 8 months later...

Archived