Barcelona Hotels

oshawa

Last December we stayed a few nights at the Hotel Continental Palacete (owned by the same folks who own the Hotel Continental) in Barcelona. This hotel has only thirty something rooms, the staff was wonderful, the hotel was quite charming, the price reasonable for a hotel on the Ramblas -- the location was super -- but our bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever encountered -- sort of like sleeping on the floor. It did not help that we had flown all night before arrival --- and the bed was so uncomfortable that I do not believe that I had any appreciable amount of sleep in the nights that we were there.

Next time I will spend more and stay someplace with a real bed, though this hotel was fantastic in every other sense. If you don't mind sleeping on the floor you might consider it.

Last December we stayed a few nights at the Hotel Continental Palacete (owned by the same folks who own the Hotel Continental) in Barcelona. This hotel has only thirty something rooms, the staff was wonderful, the hotel was quite charming, the price reasonable for a hotel on the Ramblas -- the location was super -- but our bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever encountered -- sort of like sleeping on the floor. It did not help that we had flown all night before arrival --- and the bed was so uncomfortable that I do not believe that I had any appreciable amount of sleep in the nights that we were there.

Next time I will spend more and stay someplace with a real bed, though this hotel was fantastic in every other sense. If you don't mind sleeping on the floor you might consider it.

A couple of years ago we stayed a few days before our cruise at the Continental Palacete. Actually this hotel has only about 20 rooms unless they have expanded since I was there. We got to the hotel off an early morning flight arrival and they told us our room was not yet available. So we went to the nice buffet they have there and had something to eat. After hanging around for close to an hour, we were called to the desk and were told that our room was still not ready, so they put us into one of the large suites just off of the big "living room" area. It was fabulous with a gigantic sitting room and a rather small bedroom. I can't understand why you (ARZZ) had such a terrible bed. The bed that we had was fitted with a mattress so thick that you practically had to have a ladder to get into bed. We also stayed at the same hotel for a couple of days after the cruise. This time we got one of the regular rooms, but the bed was certainly quite comfortable and we enjoyed both our stays at this hotel. The location is excellent and the 24 hours buffet was very nice also. I expect to go back there again since we'd like to plan another cruise out of Barcelona. ;)

You have made a great choice to stay for a few days in Barcelona, and the Ramblas is the best place to be near. We stayed at the Meridian for three nights and could have stayed longer. It is a first class hotel.

The Ramblas is great. It is alive with people and always something is going on. Side walk cafes, street mimes, street sales --- and of coarse Pick Pockets. Just be aware that there are around and you will be fine. You will have a great time.

My mattress was comfy, but I had the itty-bitty PINK room. It was fine for 1 person but it would have been more than cozy if there were 2 people plus luggage! Very nice staff, buffet was very handy (and tasty, too). The only downside was that my cab driver from the Port did not know where it was... well, at least he said he did not know where it was...

I'll stay there next time and have recommended it to several friends. Just don't get the itty bitty PINK room.

Liz

I stayed at Hotel Montecarlo last year for a land-based vacation - I loved it! On Las Ramblas, windows are well-glazed to prevent sound, even a roof-top sitting area. Very modern inside, pretty good buffet breakfast too. Check out reviews on Tripadvisor

We stayed here early Dec 07 and it was great..asked for a room in the back so there was no noise and they have been updated recently..they also have a bar and the staff was very helpful..perfect location! LuAnn

We loved the Hotel Jazz. It's modern and well located at the top of Las Ramblas. Wonderful service and the cleanest hotel room ever. We booked on their website for 160 euros per night for a standard room. They let us check in at 10:00 am. We enjoyed our 3 night stay. Read the reviews on Trip Advisor.

When we did our Med' cruise in 2004 we opted to stay just outside the hustle and bustle of the city. After a day of intensive sight seeing it was a relief to relax away from the noise in a quiet atmosphere.

We chose to stay at the AC Front Maritim. It is about 15min by cab from the Ramblas and it is on the "hop on hop off" bus route (can not remember what colour service for the bus) Tickets are available at the hotel. It is a modern 2 story hotel with very nice accommodation (ask for a room on the 2nd floor at the front for an ocean view). They have a very good website, http://www.hotelfrontmaritim.com/

During our 2 night stay we were happy that we had chosen to be out of the city centre. The cost was very reasonable, staff very friendly and all spoke good English. We would stay there again for sure.

Archived