Family Oceanview or Junior Suite?

lysolqn

Thinking of booking either Freedom or Mariner, and considering either family oceanview or junior suite on either. Family of four - mom, dad, 5-year-old and 1-year-old (will need crib in cabin). Is junior suite large enough to accommodate, or should we go with family oceanview? Would prefer junior suite because it has a balcony and location is more convenient than family oceanview cabins which are only at the front of the ship, but not sure if junior suite is large enough to accommodate open sofabed and crib.

Thanks.

I would go with the Junior suite. You'll be happy to have the balcony to escape to when the baby is napping, and you'll appreciate the more convenient location too. The crib is actually a pack and play, so you can easily move it into a spot that will keep the walkway clear during the night when the sofabed is open. I have never stayed in a Junior Suite, but I believe it is wide enough that you'll be quite comfortable.

I am a JS snob in training :rolleyes: and I must say that I too would go for the JS. As the otyher poster said the balcony would afford you a place to go while the baby is napping and I do believe you will enjoy it more. There is a lot of room in the JS. According to the RCCL website the FOV has 328 sq. ft. of room and the JS has 299 plus 65 on the balcony.

IMHO you would be better off in the JS. Good luck and happy saling!!

Archived