Helsingor 2 hour stop over before Copenhagen

swdke

I noticed on one of the Star's Baltic itinerary, that on it's 9th day, it makes a 2 hour stop in Helsingor before sailing on to Copenhagen. I read that the stop is to drop off passengers for tours. Does anyone know if it's possible to get off the ship and do a self tour on your own, then meet up with the ship in Copenhagen later in the day? I am familiar with Denmark and would like to get off the ship and meet up with the ship later in the eveing as I am able to use local transportation to get me to Copehnagen. However, I was wondering is this is permissable. I can't imagine them denying anyone who wants to get off to do their own thing, but you never know. Is there anyone who sailed on the Grand this past season who might be able to answer this question? Thanks!

When we were on the Grand Princess in July, one of the couples we did a private tour with told us that they were not allowed off in Helsingor -- the only passengers allowed off were ones with tour tickets. We did the ship's tour of Hamlet's castle, and enjoyed the bus trip back to Copenhagen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To answer my own question, I have since learned that the Star will not make dock in Helsingor, but rather passengers on a tour will disembark and be tendered to shore. Therefore, I doubt passengers will be permitted to get off and find their own way to teh ship in Copenhagen.

Archived