Good News For San Francisco Alaska Cruisers!

Phamer55

I have good news for those who like to cruise to Alaska out of San Francisco. Even though the Dawn Princess is leaving for Australia at the end of the Alaska cruise season this year, the Sea Princess is scheduled to replace her in 2009. The first 10-day Alaska cruise will begin May 24, 2009.

I have good news for those who like to cruise to Alaska out of San Francisco. Even though the Dawn Princess is leaving for Australia at the end of the Alaska cruise season this year, the Sea Princess is scheduled to replace her in 2009. The first 10-day Alaska cruise will begin May 24, 2009.

Good news.... sailed the Dawn many times but never the Sea......:)

Sounds great but I wish they would put a bigger/newer ship on that run for a change. ;)

Sounds great but I wish they would put a bigger/newer ship on that run for a change. ;)

I am with you, I too wish they would put a larger ship and rotate larger ships more often. I would love to go out of San Francisco RT to either Alaska or Mexico more often but want to have more variety in ships. We did the Dawn twice, the Sea and the Dawn are pretty much the same. A bit too small for taste.

For the dates of the crusies, the first cruise starts on May 24th; just keep adding 10 days to get the various dates of the rest of the cruises. My source is the port of San Francisco. I don't know when Princess will announce these cruises or when they wil become bookable; my guess is not until April or May? I know that Princess staggers their annoucements of the cruises for the season each year....I don't see the big deal about MUTS. If you don't want to watch it because it's too cold, then don't. How can having something extra be a burden?

I am with you, I too wish they would put a larger ship and rotate larger ships more often. I would love to go out of San Francisco RT to either Alaska or Mexico more often but want to have more variety in ships. We did the Dawn twice, the Sea and the Dawn are pretty much the same. A bit too small for taste.

If you want a bigger ship say for Mexico, this coming fall of 2008 the Star will be doing 10 dayr/t out of S.F. I know because i am going to be on one of them.:D

Marilyn

If you want a bigger ship say for Mexico, this coming fall of 2008 the Star will be doing 10 dayr/t out of S.F. I know because i am going to be on one of them.:D

Marilyn

Thanks, yes we are booked on it too. After the Star will wait til they schedule another big ship. I think the Dawn was here for two years. We did the Sapphire when it cruised out of SF as well.

Archived