Host Cecilia

juliejoe

What was wrong with the thread with links to Baltics cruise reviews?

Just wondering why it was necessary to delete it - I don't want to repeat my mistake.

There was also a thread with tips for Baltics cruises that is gone.

Julie

I would have never found the "seat guru" site without those links. I too am curious as to why the thread was removed.

Thanks

I posted some contact information for Red October and that's gone. There are other posts on these boards with contact info so I'm not sure what the problem is. I hope Cecelia will tell us.

Bev

A couple of ports included on our cruise on the Dream in April are New Orleans and Cozumel, so I check those boards every morning for fresh info. Two new threads have popped up over there that are very similar to the one that was removed from here.

Please, some information from the host would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner. I'm getting married in 4 days and I haven't been on the boards as much as I like in the past few weeks.

To answer your first question, the reviews were moved because they included links to other cruise message boards and to sites that were selling cruises. I can move that thread back and take off the reviews from other message boad sites or sites that sell cruises. Would you like me to do that? I don't see any other threads being moved so I don't know what happened to the tips thread. Are you sure it's gone? I don't see it as moved.

People do give contact information for tour operators, etc. but it's not allowed. We just don't always catch it. You can tell everyone who you used but you can't give contact info or say "tell them John sent you."

Lastly, Al, I don't know anything about posts that may have been moved. I didn't move anything from this board to another board. I'm the host listed for this board but any host can move something that they think breaks the guidelines. Maybe another host moved something. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience guys. I know how valuable information can be on these boards. I took the Baltic trip in 2001 before I really knew about Cruise Critic and my trip would have been very different if I had been prepared with all the information available here. But I do have to follow the guidelines and sometimes I have to move some things.

Thanks for the explanation. We found those reviews really helpful when we were planning our Baltics cruise. Maybe those who are planning for next year could benefit from the edited list when you have time to return it to the board.

Congratulations and best wishes for your upcoming marriage!

Julie

Thanks for the explanation. We found those reviews really helpful when we were planning our Baltics cruise. Maybe those who are planning for next year could benefit from the edited list when you have time to return it to the board.

Congratulations and best wishes for your upcoming marriage!

Thanks for understanding and again, I'm sorry I had to move the posts. I'll edit out the things that can't be on this board and I'll bring back the others. I wonder if members could do a Google search or something and find those other reviews on their own?

And thanks for the wishes on my wedding. We're very excited.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived