Embarkation Time for Star/Grand Princess from Copenhagen

swdke

What time are passengers permitted to board for the Baltic cruise departing from Copenhagen? We will be arriving a day early, and therefore will already be in Copenhagen the morning of departure. I desire to check in on the ship ASAP to get that taken care of early so I'll have the rest of the day free to explore the wonderful city of Copenhagen before the Star Princess sails later that evening. Thank you so much for your information.

It is my recollection that on the Grand last summer, boarding began about noon. The people we spoke to who did a pre-cruise in Copenhagen left their suitcases at their hotel, toured Copenhagen during the day and arrived at the ship about 6 p.m. for dinner and 9 p.m. sailing. The cruise was fabulous! Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

It really worked well for us to leave our luggage at the hotel. We went to the ship at about 3:30 - 4:00 and there was NO ONE in line - the fastest embarkation we ever had! We were not sailing until 9 p.m. No rush to get to the ship - make the most of your day in Copenhagen. The Friehavn pier is a bit out of the way to go to the ship just to drop off luggage - let the hotel hold it for you.

I feel your excitement! :D I researched and planned for over a year four our B2B Baltics Transatlantic cruises.

Julie

I wish we could have done what you did Julie, if you recall, some of our bags were lost and didn't arrive in our cabin until after we sailed. Unfortunately, our jackets were in the lost bags and most of the time on our cruise, ti was too cool to go out without a jacket, so we simply went to the ship early and relaxed.

Archived