St. Kitts Railway...tell me more

Coolmama_1

Does the cruise ship ( Carnival, for us) offer several time and length options for the railroad? Due to limited mobility, we want the shorter tour that was available from the Tour Store, or does the ship offer a , " One size fits all?"

Are you saying that the Tour Store is no longer taking reservations for cruise ship passengers? We don't go until Feb. so we have lots of time to get the details straight.

This was emailed to me in mid-June from the Tour Store; So that's why I asked if the ship offers the same options. No excursions are listed yet for St. Kitts for our date. I'll check back on there periodically.

The Full Island Tour without Brimstone Hill. This tour sells at $ 30.00 Us per person, This tour goes around the island stopping at points of interest along the way. This tour DOES NOT take you to the Brimstone Hill National Park.

The Full Island WITH Brimstone Hill. This tour sells at $40.00 US per person, This tour goes around the island stopping at points of interest along the way including a stop at The Brimstone Hill National Park.

Finally, the Panoramic Island Tour or Half Island Tour. This tour sells at $20.00 US per person and takes you on the island main road to Romney Manor and Caribelle Batik. Here you will have the opportunity to disembark and see their grounds and Botanical Gardens. From there you will return through Basseterre, to the top of Timothy Hill where you will be shown the incredible views of The South East Peninsular. After which you will return to Port Zante.

The tours listed above do not include the Railway. The tour that includes the Railway and Brimstone Hill is $110 per person; I think without Brimstone it is $90. The St. Kitts Tour Store sent me an e-mail including a form to complete and fax back including payment information as well as hotel or cruise ship information. Interesting that some people are being told that they have to book through the cruise line.

my wife and i will be arriving in st.kitts on the 4th dec 2010 and have concidered this train trip, whilst reading the comments and taking them on board i think that one has to make there own descion, as what is good for one may not do for others and if cost is an issue do not go on cruises.

yes it is nice to know the prices befor hand to ensure that you budget for everything you wish to do on your cruise but not discount it because of the price.

first time cruiser on the exployer of the seas.

:):):):) tell you more about it when i return.

rodders.

• 3 weeks later...
The tours listed above do not include the Railway. The tour that includes the Railway and Brimstone Hill is $110 per person; I think without Brimstone it is $90. The St. Kitts Tour Store sent me an e-mail including a form to complete and fax back including payment information as well as hotel or cruise ship information. Interesting that some people are being told that they have to book through the cruise line.

I emailed the tour store last week and I was also told that I needed to book it through the cruise line.

• 11 months later...

I took the train excursion and it was absolutely terrific. The ride takes you through very beautiful areas, scenic vistas, and provides remarkable views of neighboring islands. This is accompanied by a historic narrative, local singing, and pina coladas. I will be doing this tour again when I sail on Carnival Victory Oct. 2nd.

• 4 years later...
My husband and I have some mobility issues so this seems to be a good option for us while on St. Kitts from the Carnival Miracle in February, 2011.

What type of seats are they ? Like a bus? Bench type seats or individual seats?

Should we book in advance through Carnival or should we book directly with the St. Kitts railway ?

Tell me about the steps that you must climb to get to the upper deck. Are they narrow, steep, winding ? I question whether either of us can handle those, especially while the train is in motion.

I know some comments have been negative. Do you have any feelings of being unsafe as you ride the rails ?

I appreciate your help in determining if this will work for us.

If you happen to read this my question is did you do the train ride and if so were you able to get to the open air deck ?

Thanking you in advance for a reply,I am

Lenny