Sailing from New York

2nycruisers

I am considering sailng from New York to the Caribbean in late October. My concern is the first day at sea will be cool and not able to be at the pool that day. By day 2 off the coast of FL I'm sure will be warm enough. Anyone have experience with that first day at sea for late October?

Thanks....

I am considering sailng from New York to the Caribbean in late October. My concern is the first day at sea will be cool and not able to be at the pool that day. By day 2 off the coast of FL I'm sure will be warm enough. Anyone have experience with that first day at sea for late October?

Thanks....

They (Princess) don't sail in October from NY to the Caribbean.

They start doing the New England cruises in September.

Thanks....

We did the Crown this past October 20th, New York to San Juan. Just like you, I was concerned that it could be cool, but even on the first sea day we had nice weather, comfortable enough to be out by the pool.

They did last year but not this year. :)

The Sea Princess sails from New York to the Southern Caribbean on October 23, 2008, and to the OP, yes it will normally be too cool to swim and suntan the first day out, at that time of year. It's normally pretty cold by late October.

I sail at least once a year out of NYC. In Sept. it was a pleasant day when We left, always a little rough until you pass Cape Hatteras but usually on 2nd day it starts to warm up. Coming back it is the same. Many people donot like to leave from NYC for this reason as they loose a few sun days both directions. IKE

WIth the price of airfare and the hassle of flying anymore, I'd rather take a cool day at sea for the first day and leave from NY.

I've been on cruises out of Florida and California where it was cold the first day and you couldn't swim.

Don't let one cold day deter you from sailing from NY, especially if you can drive to the port.

The Sea Princess sails from New York to the Southern Caribbean on October 23, 2008, and to the OP, yes it will normally be too cool to swim and suntan the first day out, at that time of year. It's normally pretty cold by late October.

I was talking about regularly scheduled 9 day return cruises not repo cruises. :)

I was talking about regularly scheduled 9 day return cruises not repo cruises. :)

No one ever specified roundtrip cruises or 9 day. Only about weather on the cruise from New York to the Caribbean. Not sure where your interpretation came from..

The Caribbean Princess will be sailing out of San Juan next winter but I suspect she will be going into dry dock after the NY/Canada cruises rather than do a repo.

Shes scheduled for a 7day repo from NYC to San Juan on Oct 26. I wonder about the dry dock since the one in May was cancelled.

I have made many voyages down the coast from New York and in general it is cool the first day. However, there have been times in the winter when people were out and about without a jacket. It all depends on the weather fronts and on whether the ship is in the Gulf Stream.

We have sailed from Boston 10/31 a few years ago. That day was 65, much cooler at night, then wormed up the next day. It is all depends on the weather that year. We will begoing form Boston again this October to Miami. Will be great no matter what........

Archived