Ever cruise with only the clothes on your back? No luggage?

gatorclaw

Of course I do! With my sparkly jeans!:p

I'm with Tyde. Thought you'd be trying to keep the beer in the fridge cold! ;)

It's nice to see ya'll again! Haven't had the chance to chat in quite a while!:D

Back at ya Fin.:p Been kinda lonely without my beer peeps!:cool:

Well... Underwear is always good for 4 days, and sometimes 5.

Day 1, Fresh pair of underwear.

Day 2, Take off underwear... turn around... and pull back on.

Day 3, Take off underwear... turn inside out... and pull back on.

Day 4, Take off underwear... turn around... and pull back on.

Day 5, Take off underwear... hold up to nose and Sniffff... if bareable, put back on. :eek:

What about days 6 and 7?:eek:

I love challenges. I think I could do it if I would try. Not my first choice. But then again, we do travel carry on only where ever we go - cruise or land vacations. We have even done 2 weeks in Africa and a week in Russia in February (brrr) with carry on only.

I will tell you it is liberating not to have all that stuff and lost luggage worries.

As stated before - bringing this home is another matter.

I can't say that I've taken a Cruise with nothing but the cloths on my back. But I have taken a vacation that way....went skiing one time, just jumped in the car and took off. Just brought money! Bought everything we needed as we went. That was 15 years ago...I still have the extremely over-priced ski coat that I purchased on the mountain...and still use it today!

It was actually, a very liberating experience.

Well I know my dad buys underware for the cruise amd brings all his freebie shirts he get from the year from events and vendors through work and wears them and throws them out. so that way he has more room for my mom to put all her "little treasures" in the suitcase.

Of course there's lots of debate about how much 'stuff' is too much 'stuff' to take on a cruise. But I don't hear much about what's the minimal you can get away with.

I have a fantasy of taking a 7 day cruise w/ basically the clothes on my back- no luggage at all. Here's what I'd take:

Pants: khakis on top of shorts on top of swimtrunks.

Shirt: t-shirt under a polo shirt.

Shoes: loafers

Pockets: wallet, cruise docs, camera.

That's my purist idea. And I think it would be so liberating to not have to worry about any junk. You can just buy a toothbrush, deodorant, and some sandles on board. You can even rent a tux if you really want to go to formal dinner.

You could branch out a bit by bringing a little bag to carry more items, maybe an extra shirt or some underwear. But I don't think that's being 100% commited to the concept. :)

Anyone do anything close to this before? Am I off my rocker for wanting to do this?

The best I've ever done is a 4 night cruise with a backpack:

I showed up at the port wearing jeans a t-shirt and my shoes to be used any time I was wearing long pants. I had my blue jacket for the formal night in my hands. In my backpack I had:

1 pair of shorts

1 bathing suit

1 pair of khakis

flip flops

underwear/socks

couple of t-shirts and one long sleeve shirt w/tie

toiletries, all in travel size bottles.

That was it! Didn't miss a thing!

Never seen or heard of on a cruise...however, after my highschool graduation (Long time ago) about 40 of us from my school went to Myrtle Beach SC for a week. One guy tagged along...he had only the clothes on his back and a box full of liquor an weed. Had only about $200 and no hotel room. He stayed in which ever persons room who could stand his smell. I think he slept in a stairwell a couple of nights. He rode down with someone else and they left him and went somewhere else. He slept, swam (Both ocean and pool), puked on and God knows what else in the same clothes all week.

When I left he was still there. Who knows what happened to him.

One pair of Clothes, No Car, No Hotel, Not much Money, but plenty of booze and weed....I guess he had his priorities in order!!!

I live in Myrtle Beach, I keep seeing a guy fitting that description outside Food Lion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never seen or heard of on a cruise...however, after my highschool graduation (Long time ago) about 40 of us from my school went to Myrtle Beach SC for a week. One guy tagged along...he had only the clothes on his back and a box full of liquor an weed. Had only about $200 and no hotel room. He stayed in which ever persons room who could stand his smell. I think he slept in a stairwell a couple of nights. He rode down with someone else and they left him and went somewhere else. He slept, swam (Both ocean and pool), puked on and God knows what else in the same clothes all week.

When I left he was still there. Who knows what happened to him.

One pair of Clothes, No Car, No Hotel, Not much Money, but plenty of booze and weed....I guess he had his priorities in order!!!

I know what happend to him .... I found him ... married him .... bred with him .....then sobered up and divorced him ... I'm still trying to figure out what I smoked at the beach that inspired me to bring him home to start with. By the way, 16 years later and his priorities are still the same.

I know what happend to him .... I found him ... married him .... bred with him .....then sobered up and divorced him ... I'm still trying to figure out what I smoked at the beach that inspired me to bring him home to start with. By the way, 16 years later and his priorities are still the same.

LOL! Kinda sad to say that the guy doesn't even need to have a name, but most of us will know "him"! But good for you, Angel! Looks like you were able to crawl out from under the rubble! And not for nothing, but the dude will probably never be able to take a cruise!;) :D

This by far has to be one of the most amusing threads on all the boards. I just wish I had a funny experience to add, but I'm sure enjoying what everyone else is saying.

Gracie, if you want an amusing board, you HAVE to go to this one! Way funny, let me tell you! I would sit at my desk and almost be crying over some of this stuff!!!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106893

there was a post on one of the other boards that said a lady went 4 days in what she wore on the ship due to lost luggage. IMO.. there are gift shops on board that carry shorts, shirts, swim suits, sun dresses, flip flops, etc. there is formalities for formal nights.

If you don't want to spend money on clothes, but on booze, then it is your own fault. Personally, I would rather have clean clothes than drinks.

As for the underware bit, There are walmart type stores in all ports. jump on a jetty and go buy you some.

OR wait till you get to port and buy some clothes.

I know if my suitcase were lost, I would be going to that type of store and buying me clothes.

I can't stand the smell of someone who has not showered at least every other day. If you are on my ship and lose your luggage, don't get near me. And I pray you are not sitting at my dinner table because I would have the matree'd toss you out because you were ruining the smell of the food.

I AM NOT TALKING DOING ON PURPOSE, BUT BY ACCIDENT. like the lady on the thread.

Archived