Traveling with 2 year old

cat2000

We'll be on the Voyager in April, traveling with a 2 year old. I was hoping to get some recommendations for excursions from everyone. We'll be going to Cozumel, Roatan and Progreso. I would like to go to an all inclusive resort, so that we can hang out at the beach. How far are places from the dock? We will not have a car seat, so I am concerned about traveling with my child in a cab or bus. Any other recommendations for traveling with a toddler are welcome. Thanks!

Jennifer

This is what we use

http://www.albeebaby.com/eddie-bauer-portable-car-seat-22915byt.html

It's for taxi's. It folds flat in the suit case. And we just hang in off the back of the stroller when we are in port :D

And Amazon must have caught on to these posts because they took the price from the $39 it ALWAYS is to $89 :eek:

So if you get one, use the sales link to albee baby above.

Cozumel has alot of nice beach. Some really like Paradise Beach. Next time we go I want to go to chankanaab.

Make sure that if you bring a stroller that has wheels that will roll on rough surfaces as well as SAND. I see so many young couples struggling with the regular strollers. I have seen some tho that would roll over ANYTHING, and loaded up with supplies and toys for the day, seem to make the whole thing easier.

Chankanaab is a beautiful area. I'd visit there for sure. The ruins would be too hot and "boring" for a little one.

Check out the port threads here on CC and see what you can find out about the other two stops re to small children. Some popular excusions won't allow that young a child. (Some of the jungle type tours come to mind.) You might find it easier to stick to beaches or just do some basic walk arounds with your child and then head back to the ship for pool and play time.

Might I suggest you go to the Roll Calls and maybe see if you can find another family that you could do some private tours with that would include kid friendly stops. I'd also read up on the ports in Frommers or Fodors and see what they rec for a toddler. Or check out cruise ship ports of call books. There are a couple good ones with do it yourself excursion ideas.

Have a great time!

Archived