La Romana, DR Website

DRbutterfly

I was born there, but i live in FL now. I found it cause I have never been to La Romana I was born in the capital and I'm more familiar w/the western parts of the island. Not because of personal fondness but is a neat place to visit. The ppl are friendly and happy, the food is delicious and is a easy on the eyes. I will be on the Paradise sailing 5/23 so the information on this site was useful to me as well. When I get back I will post a review.

src="http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2002;09;01;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600">

I read there was some civil unrest in DR during the recent elections. Do you have any additional info on the safety of traveling there? We are scheduled to visit in November. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

• 4 weeks later...

We went to the DR in April aboard the Connie, which offers the Bayihibe Beach Break. That was fantastic. You take a bus to the Casa del Mar resort where you can relax at the beach and swim in the gorgeous pool. ALL of the drinks were included, and the resort also has a gift shop where you can buy Dominican coffee at a very cheap price. The cost was $36 pp., but it was well worth it to relax on the soft sand

The beach was fantastic. Simply gorgeous. The sand was awesome and the water was very warm. You won't encounter any vendors, either. We really loved it!

I know others tried to go to the public portion of the beach (via taxi) and weren't thrilled. They said it was filled with annoying vendors and not very clean.

But the Casa del Mar resort is truly wonderful. They also have nice bathrooms, etc.

• 8 months later...

Archived