All things Valor

MAO

Thanks everyone for some great info and pics. Almost below the 50 day mark :D ...... gettin' so excited. How easy is it to get to the port in Miami? We have never sailed from Miami before. The ports in Tampa and Port Canaveral were real easy to get to. And which terminal is the Valor docked?
We have booked an aft cabin on the verandah deck I hope this is a good location I have heard good and bad so I am a little nervous, if anyone has had a cabin in this area please let me know. I have heard the motion can get pretty bad. Pictures of these cabins would be great. Alot of questions I know but I just can't help myself ;)

Drink of the day here I come!!!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
[IMG]http://www.instantlywed.com/images/350_CARNIVAL_VALOR.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.cruise.co.uk/images/Cruise/berlitz/430000Valor036.gif[/IMG]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Anyone have any new reviews or experiances to post?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]I need a refill on Valor info to help me get thru and I know I'm not the only one:D [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]Thanks:) [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue]Hope you both come back and give all us future Valor cruisers something to look forward to. Thanks![/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]Anyone havea roll call going for their future sailing? How's it going? Ours is rather quiet, we are quite a long way off tho:rolleyes: [/COLOR][/FONT]

I love this thread and look forward to reading it every chance I get. We are going on the Valor later this year and cant wait. I appreciate all the info we have been learning about this ship from all the past cruisers.

Can anyone going on the Eastern route pick up a St Thomas excursion sheet. We are looking at the "Best of St Thomas" excursion and the only time listed through our reservation is 1:00 PM. That is to late for us with some other things we want to do and was wondering if they list any other times on the ship.

We don't cruise until September so I have a lil time, but help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

[quote name='MAO'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue]Hope you both come back and give all us future Valor cruisers something to look forward to. Thanks![/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]Anyone havea roll call going for their future sailing? How's it going? Ours is rather quiet, we are quite a long way off tho:rolleyes: [/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
When are you going? We are sailing 4/12/09. A long way off, but fun to start planning

Thanks to all for the great reviews and pictures!!! DH and I and mother in law and friend will be on her Jan 11, 09. Would love to swim with the dolphins, any sugestions??? All this info is great!!! Thank's again. Lynn

[quote name='MAO'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue]Hope you both come back and give all us future Valor cruisers something to look forward to. Thanks![/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]Anyone havea roll call going for their future sailing? How's it going? Ours is rather quiet, we are quite a long way off tho:rolleyes: [/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
i am seriously addicted to Cruise critic & I am afraid I check the roll call for our week at least once a day. Seems pretty quiet to me - I have been looking at other week's roll calls & some are VERY quiet & on others people are all ordering t-shirts & collecting money for organized meet & greet. I can't wait - I hope to get to meet the people on our board!

When are you going? We are sailing 4/12/09. A long way off, but fun to start planning

Ok well your further away than we are, we sail Jan 18 '09, seems our roll calls the last few years have been rather quiet (maybe it's me:o ) but we always meet someone and end up hangin' out and keepin' in touch which is cool.

ASA413 have an awesome time and come back to us with details;)

oogeyboots change dates and come with us o nthe 18th..... Ok well at least keep the ship in good shape;)

BettyPC, i know what you mean some roll calls are just hoppin' then others are so quiet. I too am addicted to this site and check in almost daily. My DH laughs and mocks me all the time yet he's still checkin' out the ski conditions in VT...go figure!!

Wishin' for some reviews............Anyone??

I'm booked for the Valor for January 2009. I like the ports, but the ship is the guadiest that Farcus has designed. I think he was smoking something wacky when he designed it.....I am Canadian, so I really don't like everything americal thrown in my face on a holiday. Alas, I can get past it, I will take considerably less pictures of the ship than normal. Now if it was abound in red, white, and maple leafs, I would thnk it was tacky to, but not loud. I like to see funky and fun, nothing fun about that ships decor.....

I have to wonder if Cozumen will be take off and Costa Maya added because the repairs are ahead of schedule!!!

Here it is almost a year later and I found the review the best that I have ever saw!!! Thank you so much,hope you're still cruising! I'm leaving June 15 on the Valor to celebrate a huge birthday, don't want to say which one~but this review was great!! Thank you so much!!

Butnzb, we are boarding Sunday and have a verandah aft balcony - I'll be back in a week and a half with a new review for you all!

Can't wait :rolleyes:

Hope you have a great time! I can't wait for your review.

Here it is almost a year later and I found the review the best that I have ever saw!!! Thank you so much,hope you're still cruising! I'm leaving June 15 on the Valor to celebrate a huge birthday, don't want to say which one~but this review was great!! Thank you so much!!

hummmm...lets see floridagirl68...68!? Let me guess this would be maybe the 40ith?;) Hope you have agreat time and a wonderful b-day:)

I just got back last sunday from doing the eastern ( i think) on the Valor.....I must say its not my favorite (so far the Pride & Destiny) but this ship is not gaudy....unless of course your not into the red,white & blue. I found the gold eagles by the elevators very nice....well i must say it wasnt the friendliest ship, but it was one of the cleanest, i never saw one dirty table at Rosie's, and when i say friendly is taht usually the person cleaning your table or serving you at the buffet will talk to you, i didnt experience that here but nevertheless, very clean & I have to say the lobster was the best of all seven carnival ships i've taken. I had an inside cabin for the first time & i was nervous but it was great, slept a lot in the afternoon on sea days which i dont get to do when i have balconies...my review of the whole experience will be under " valor reviews".....soon:D

• 2 weeks later...

Great review Heather!

Just arrived back from my first cruise ever...we were on the Valor :D .

We are Canadian and did not find the ship too "American thrown in my face" as one poster put it. I agree that is was very clean.

Lido

The slide offers some shade on Dolphin pool and hot tub below. Main pool is on lower deck behind 2 red hot tubs. Adult pool is at the back of the ship. Running track is behind the big screen and goes to aft of ship. Adult deck is above big screen. The net behind the big screen is over the volleyball and basketball courts. The golf mini-put goes around the funnel.

Pic1-100.jpg

Mini-put...

Pic1-095.jpg

Pic1-096.jpg

I have never read such a great review. It was so well written. Than you for sharing with us.

I book my family on the Valor for Christmas and New Years in Dec and we simply can not wait.

I would love for our family to be on the vets cruise, but hubby will be in Iraq by then.

To the person who said the Valor was to American. So very sad thing to say.

Thanks again for the review.

To the person who said the Valor was to American. So very sad thing to say.

Without getting political and risking having posts banned, etc, please try to understand this from the perspective of someone who is not from the US. And I say this as an American living in Canada.

Americana, red-white-and-blue, eagles and the like are an appealing theme to many, but not necessarily to non-Americans. Imagine sailing aboard a cruise ship with an English motif, complete with Union Jacks everywhere, pictures of the Royals, "God Save the Queen" played, etc -- would you care for it? Ditto the theme for France, Germany, Japan, and so on... Some would like it, some would probably find it a bit much.

Yes, Carnival Corp. is a US-based company, though the ships' registry and crew origin are hardly American. I'm not opposed to Farcus' choices, and we're very much looking forward to sailing Valor in a few weeks.

But please don't be sad over someone else not caring for the Americana theme -- it's not for everyone, and don't take it personally.

I didn't mean to start anything by the quote, as I am sure that misguidedangel didn't mean to offend anyone, so please don't anyone get upset about that. I just wanted to state that it may not be as imagined (perhaps I was wrongly assuming that misguidedangel hasn't been on the Valor yet)

I was too busy having fun to notice the theme anyway :D

(It was also my virgin cruise so I have nothing else to compare it with ;) )

Without getting political and risking having posts banned, etc, please try to understand this from the perspective of someone who is not from the US. And I say this as an American living in Canada.

Americana, red-white-and-blue, eagles and the like are an appealing theme to many, but not necessarily to non-Americans. Imagine sailing aboard a cruise ship with an English motif, complete with Union Jacks everywhere, pictures of the Royals, "God Save the Queen" played, etc -- would you care for it? Ditto the theme for France, Germany, Japan, and so on... Some would like it, some would probably find it a bit much.

Yes, Carnival Corp. is a US-based company, though the ships' registry and crew origin are hardly American. I'm not opposed to Farcus' choices, and we're very much looking forward to sailing Valor in a few weeks.

But please don't be sad over someone else not caring for the Americana theme -- it's not for everyone, and don't take it personally.

Sorry but I must respond. Especially as a Vet, and someone who has been around the world. When you go to someone's country they tend to tout the great things they have done. This is pride, and justified. I understand it in Italy, Germany, England, GB, even Canada. Where I am going with this is this ship was intended as a celebration of Valor, and American Valor. Sorry if it flys in your face or anyone does not like it. The thing is this: The ship leaves from America, is advertised as the Valor, no other excuses are necessary. You have 21 other ships in the fleet (soon to be 22) but Many may not like my tone. Sorry. I have lost many friends who have defended freedom around the world, in peace and in war, and I am not going to hide my patriotism

Archived