When to Book My Cruise-Triumph

DreDre

Hi!

I am new at this, we have only been on one other cruise and I'm ready to book my next. I have a few questions regarding when and what is the best way to book.

We are looking to take the Triumph that sets sail 5/10, do prices typically drop the closer you get to the date? I would imagine depending how full the cruise is but I have no clue.

Also, where would be the best place to book (on-line, straight from the cruise line....) and how do we go about getting the most for our $$$. I have heard that cruise lines will give on board credits and upgrades depending on where you book. Which is better and what type of upgrades would they give?

Is a balcony a must have?

Thanks

Hi!

I am new at this, we have only been on one other cruise and I'm ready to book my next. I have a few questions regarding when and what is the best way to book.

We are looking to take the Triumph that sets sail 5/10, do prices typically drop the closer you get to the date? I would imagine depending how full the cruise is but I have no clue.

Also, where would be the best place to book (on-line, straight from the cruise line....) and how do we go about getting the most for our $$$. I have heard that cruise lines will give on board credits and upgrades depending on where you book. Which is better and what type of upgrades would they give?

Prices do not typically drop but go up as you get closer to the sailing deate especially that time of year. Sometimes there are last minute type super deals but they are getting less frequent it seems. I book online with a TA that ALWAYS beats carnivals prices by about 10%. Free upgrades depends on many factors. Are you a past guest of carnival? Sometimes state of residency will get you an upgrade, also supply/demand for a particular cruise can get you an upgrade. Sometimes there is a carnival promotion going on which can net you an upgrade as well. Upgrades in general are typically higher level deck assignments within a category of cabins like inside. Also are you a military veteran those prices are almost always the best available (capacity controlled)? One other way to POSSIBLY get an upgrade is to book a GTY room. IMO a balcony is certainly NOT a must have. A lot more expensive and not worth my $$.

Archived