Recent Sovereign cruisers...

srq2003

Hey Tim:

This is a very interesting rumor. Any idea of a time frame that they might think about doing this? Also, and thoughts on what they would do with people already booked on the Sov for next year should this happen? Thanks.

-Rich

I Have Heard Rumors From An Inside Source That Next Year The Sos Is Leaving Port Canaveral. Since The 3-4 Day Cruises Have Shifted Sailing Dates On Sos They Have Become Very Very Popular. Sold Out Pretty Much Every Sailing. Rccl Is Interested In Bringing In A Bigger Ship For The 3-4 Day Sailings.

Tim

It was my husband and myself...We had a good time "people watching" on this cruise. Most of the time we walked around with our mouths open cursing ourselves that we didn't get matching tattoos so we could fit in with most of the other cruisers. :D

We were on the extended 9/24 sailing. I went with my husband, his brother and brother's wife. I totally agree-the people watching was phenomenal! Formal night was really great! It always amuses me to see which people get their hair braided in the Bahamas.

Despite the very different itenerary, we had an absolute blast! We are thinking of going again in January just to see the refurb. Did anyone else notice that NONE of the clocks on the ship were working? They were all stopped at different times. Very annoying.

Love this ship---just a lot of fun for a little weekend trip!

My friends and I spent a lot of evening time in the Crown Viking lounge---last year we really enjoyed Sanjay and Robert who were bartending there. Anyone know if they are still working up there? Will be on SOS in 2 weeks and look forward to seeing them!

• 5 weeks later...
I Have Heard Rumors From An Inside Source That Next Year The Sos Is Leaving Port Canaveral. Since The 3-4 Day Cruises Have Shifted Sailing Dates On Sos They Have Become Very Very Popular. Sold Out Pretty Much Every Sailing. Rccl Is Interested In Bringing In A Bigger Ship For The 3-4 Day Sailings.

Tim

APart from Voyager class, RC does not have any ships "Bigger" than Sovereign... OK, the Sov is only 73000grt, but she has around 2700 passengers, way more than any Vision Class or Radiance Class ship... even the extended Enchantment would have less capacity than the Sovereign...

Archived