Chops & Portofino Question

Just wondering if it is recommended that you make reservations as soon as you get on the ship or if you can make them the day you would like to go. Anyone have any comments about these places? Good or Bad.

Thanks!

We just got off JOS and went to both specialty restaurants and thought they were both excellent. I would recommend both and the price is really minimal if you think about the extra service and quality you get while dining there.

We made our reservations as soon as we boarded and had no problems but I've heard horror stories. I suggest booking and then canceling if you change your mind later. You have 24 hrs to cancel without a fee.

Enjoy!

Barbara

Can you make reservations before you board? We have always booked once on board, but would like to do it now if I could.

If you are staying in a suite, the concierge will usually email you ahead of time and you can request reservations then. Otherwise, you'll have to do it when you board.

I agree with the earlier poster, I liked Chops, but I LOVED Portofino. Both the service and the food quality was better in Portofino. If you are going to choose one, the choice is obvious! ;)

This was based on a cruise on Liberty of the Seas.

If you are staying in a suite, the concierge will usually email you ahead of time and you can request reservations then. Otherwise, you'll have to do it when you board.

We are on the Navigator in a JS- but I don't think that a JS qualifies as a "suite" anymore. What about C&A Diamond plus- will that help us? We have never had problems making reservations once on board, but will be a group of 12 which could be a problem.

We are on the Navigator in a JS- but I don't think that a JS qualifies as a "suite" anymore. What about C&A Diamond plus- will that help us? We have never had problems making reservations once on board, but will be a group of 12 which could be a problem.

I don't think the concierge emails Diamond and Diamond plus members, but, you could probably call C&A Diamond+ line and get the concierge email and he/she would be happy to help you. You do get concierge privileges, it's just that there are so many D and D+ members now, it's hard to email them all in advance. Or, if one of your group is staying in a suite, they could handle the communications with the concierge. And you're right, JS doesn't count as a true suite anymore.

Archived