Barber Service on QM2

Brit and proud

Does the QM2 have a barber service, not to bothered about a hair cut but love to have a "proper shave"...cut throat razor and warm towel. If they do, any one know the cost

Thanks

Brian

The Canyon Ranch price list does not show a "proper shave", but if you forgo shaving for a while they will trim your moustache/beard for $17 (each, I guess).

Paul

They do not have a Barbers on board. However, I heard Carol Marlow being interviewed online and she mentioned that John Maxtone-Graham (ship histiorian) had made a suggestion to her that an old-fashioned Barbers should be included on a Cunard ship in the future. She said she would consider this and other ideas for future ships. So you never know we may get one on Queen Elizabeth.

Eddie

They do not have a Barbers on board. However, I heard Carol Marlow being interviewed online and she mentioned that John Maxtone-Graham (ship histiorian) had made a suggestion to her that an old-fashioned Barbers should be included on a Cunard ship in the future. She said she would consider this and other ideas for future ships. So you never know we may get one on Queen Elizabeth.

Eddie

That would be a bonus, there is nothing like a cut throat razor shave with all the trimmings, just makes the skin feel smooth as a baby's bottom..considering how many men are on board at any one time i thought it would be popular....

Brian

For a birthday treat on the QE2 i had a "man pamper" in the canyon ranch spa (a daily special on a flyer from canyon ranch).

I was looked after by a delightful older lady from Los Angeles who had worked in the film industry and was very interesting and did a first class job. Part of this was a wet shave with an electric razor which i must say gave me a very close shave. The shave with a head massage and face lotions etc cost i think 60-70 dollars,good value for a special occasion.

You are right it would be good if Cunard introduced a barber element on the newer ships. The room i was in was like a mini barbers. I would be interested if anyone else had this service.

fred

B2B May4th yippee

Archived