Coffeemaker allowed?

southwardbound

Sorry, coffee makers are not allowed. Coffee is available 24 hours a day at Horizon Court & also by room service.

Well, if there not allowed, they should have thrown me overboard years ago. :)

We always, and I mean ALWAYS take along our little coffeemaker and our own blend of coffee. Never had a problem one having it set up in our cabin.

You will get several responses on this. Paul is right, coffee makers are not allowed. However it's also not allowed to bring your own alcohol on board yet people do it all the time.

As someone who works in the food & beverage industry, I promise you the coffee they will deliver to your room via room service is not as bad as some people will tell you it is. Is it gourmet? Not by a long shot. But it's better than I've had in some restaurants.

go ahead and take it, auto shut off would be strongly advised. You are liable if you start a fire, and fire on a ship is not good. We take a small iron, also not allowed, but has auto shut off and we are very, very careful.

As someone who works in the food & beverage industry, I promise you the coffee they will deliver to your room via room service is not as bad as some people will tell you it is. Is it gourmet? Not by a long shot. But it's better than I've had in some restaurants.
WISH 84--please advise which restaurants in Denver have worse coffee than Princess, so I can avoid them on my next trip there. :D

Les

We bring a French press, and run up to Horizon court to get hot (hot enough for a decent extraction) water. May seem like a hassle, as opposed to having room service deliver water, but it is never hot enough when they deliver it, plus it gets me out and up some stairs for a quick bit of morning exercise. :p

The regular Princess coffee is, well, not so good... :o IMO.

But why "small" if you are so very careful. Take a large one next time!

(Bold face in reply added.)

go ahead and take it, auto shut off would be strongly advised. You are liable if you start a fire, and fire on a ship is not good. We take a small iron, also not allowed, but has auto shut off and we are very, very careful.

I always bring my curling iron and hair dryer so I can't see how taking along my own coffee pot would be more hazardous than those items. And since we'll be on a 16 night cruise to Europe in June you can bet I'll bring my small coffeepot and coffee to make my own brew!

Archived