Soda/Wine Question

DreDre

Sorry if you've seen these questions before:(

Can you bring a cans or bottles of soda on board with you? If so, is there a limit.

What about wine? I heard you can bring on one bottle? Is that per couple or per person?

Can you bring a cans or bottles of soda on board with you? If so, is there a limit.

What about wine? I heard you can bring on one bottle? Is that per couple or per person?

It depends on the cruise I think. We just got back from Celebrity Millennium and we brought 6-12 packs of diet coke(caffine free) We carried them on. NO problem. Also you were allowed 2 bottles of "personal wine" per cabin. But bring your own corkscrew because they will charge you $25 "corkage fee!" If your TA sends you wine you can drink it and not have to pay "corkage fee" as long as it was a bottle bought from the ship. We are sailing on Crown Princess 10-5-08 and just asked the same questions and we were told that we could bring soda and the wine policy is the same as Celebrity. Hope this helps

Janette

Different lines, different rules. What line/ship are you asking about?

• 2 weeks later...

Dre-Dre... Since you'll be on Carnival, yes you may bring a 'reasonable amount' of soft drinks on board w/you. You can take it in your luggage, or as a carry-on. As for wine, you are allowed one large bottle per passenger brought on at boarding, but not from the islands.

As far as the corkage fee, this is only charged if you bring your own wine to the dining room. Doesn't matter if it's still corked or not....they do say they charge corkage. However, I've never been charged the fee in any of my Carnival cruises.

FYI to anyone - A corkage fee is charged NOT for opening the bottle of wine:rolleyes: , but for allowing you to bring your own to the dining room. On Carnival, when folks are charged, last I heard, it's still $10 per bottle.

• 10 months later...

Hi Fellow Cruise experts! I know that we can bring in wine and soda. What is the rule on hard liquor? We are going onto the Carnival Elation and I would like bring my Vodka and DH's 7. Can it br brought in or do we have to hide it in other bottles? Thanks for your advise. I learn so much from you experts!:o

Archived