Wander around?

In2why

Before we get to Belize we have 2 action packed ports planned and I am thinking of either staying on the ship, or just wandering around and taking in the sights and sounds. I don't want another active, sundrenched day. "Pushy" vendors do not bother me, I can haggle with the best of them, or just say no thank you if I am not interested. I guess what I am asking is the port area a place to look around and maybe have a beer while we people watch or is it better to have a tour or just stay on the ship and relax?

Thanks in advance

My DH went horse-riding so I stayed onboard, had a massage and then took the tender. Walked around the Port area which has some shops and places to eat, drink. Then I hired a female taxi driver to walk with me around town. The town is quite run-down; lots of vendors calling out to braid hair etc. but interesting in its' own way. I enjoyed the tour which took about an hour; all in all I was in the port 2 hours.

The link below will take you to some pictures which might help you decide what you would like to do.

Have a great cruise.

Kathy:)

There isn't alot to see in town and I would recommend takeing a tour out to one of the cayes. There are gorgeous beaches here but you need to get away from town to see or do much. You could stay on the ship, but personally, I would have to get off and prowl. But that is just me.

Thanks. I looked at your pictures. They are great and the guy sitting on the bench is exactly where I am going to be. With so many ports one after another, I realize that if we aren't careful that between the ports and ship activities it might feel like overload. I figure that the night before Belize we will enjoy the Supper club and late night shows. Then in the morning we can sleep through the rush at the tenders, take our time for a quiet breakfast, maybe enjoy the spa and then either wander into port or enjoy just hanging out without the crowds.

Thanks. I looked at your pictures. They are great and the guy sitting on the bench is exactly where I am going to be. With so many ports one after another, I realize that if we aren't careful that between the ports and ship activities it might feel like overload. I figure that the night before Belize we will enjoy the Supper club and late night shows. Then in the morning we can sleep through the rush at the tenders, take our time for a quiet breakfast, maybe enjoy the spa and then either wander into port or enjoy just hanging out without the crowds.

Sounds like a great plan -- building some leisure time into your holiday is always a good idea. Glad you liked the pictures.

Kathy

I envey you. So many people try to do it all and it turns into a chore. Take it easy, do what you want and relax. And don't forget about all of that food on the ship and noone to eat it. Gee, I wish I was there right now.:o

Archived