Getting clothes pressed??

The wife and I were packing lastnight and I was curious. If i send my shirts down to get pressed (never was a good packer) does anyone know the typical turn around time? At home I drop off clothes to the dry cleaners and it takes a few days. Since there are 2500+ people on board I would assume similar turn around.

The wife and I were packing lastnight and I was curious. If i send my shirts down to get pressed (never was a good packer) does anyone know the typical turn around time? At home I drop off clothes to the dry cleaners and it takes a few days. Since there are 2500+ people on board I would assume similar turn around.

It is one day as long as they get the clothes by a certain time, something like 7PM in the evening. The information and cost will be with the laundry bag in the cabin. I recall that ironing only is 1/2 the cost of the cleaning cost.

If you turn in your stuff by I think 9am you can get express service for the same day at an additional cost. Regular service is turn over your stuff to cabin steward sometimes in the late afternoon evening and receive it back before dinner the next day.

I usually unpack and leave stuff like my suit right out on the bed the first day to have it pressed and I get it back the second day before dinner.

If you have the clothes ready for your steward in the morning, you will have them by dinner the following evening. You can have them cleaned, or just pressed.

When we unpack the first day, we usually send all our things to be pressesd that day or the next morning, so we'll have everything ready when we need it.

• 3 weeks later...

We will want to have some clothes pressed for the first formal night. It seems it will be less expensive if we set this up the first night we are on board. How do arranged to have this done and then where do we leave the clothes? Madforcruising mentioned just leaving the stuff on the bed, is there a special bag or anything? Thanks for any help!

There is a dry cleaning bag hanging in the closet. You just fill out the information and leave it on the bed. When we met our cabin steward the first afternoon, we told her we would have suits that need to be pressed for formal night the next night. She instructed us to fill out the form, put everything in the bed before dinner and she would pick it up so we could have it for formal night the next night. Worked like a charm.:)

We will want to have some clothes pressed for the first formal night. It seems it will be less expensive if we set this up the first night we are on board. How do arranged to have this done and then where do we leave the clothes? Madforcruising mentioned just leaving the stuff on the bed, is there a special bag or anything? Thanks for any help!

Sounds nice and easy! Wish it was that simple (and cheap) to get clothes done at home! Thanks for the replies!:)

It is very easy and simple. I just want to make sure you don´t misunderstood. The cost is the same during the entire cruise, it´s not less expensive the first night. I just do it this early because it´s usually my formal stuff I get done and will need that back the second night and don´t want to pay for the express same day service.;)

We don't ever worry about getting clothes wrinkled. We always use this service and it works great! It is very reasonable in price and the clothes come back the very next day. As soon as your suitcases get to your cabin put your clothes in the bag hanging in the closet and place it on the bed. No problems!! Love this service:D

It is very easy and simple. I just want to make sure you don´t misunderstood. The cost is the same during the entire cruise, it´s not less expensive the first night. I just do it this early because it´s usually my formal stuff I get done and will need that back the second night and don´t want to pay for the express same day service.;)

I just meant that I didn't want to wait and have it done same day service where it would be MORE expensive. Thanks for all the information!:)

I know there are no iron's on the ships, so you can have them do the pressing. Can you bring a travel steamer to do your clothes?

No irons allowed this is from the RCL website http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do;jsessionid=0000wGbP2F5iL08alz77Y_wl76n:12hbioan0

What Not To Pack

For the safely of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard: Electrical Transformers, Coffee Makers, Candles, Irons, Illegal Drugs, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, such as fireworks. For security purposes, we also recommend not packing any valuables (such as jewelry) in your checked luggage.

Archived