Kino sandals

sross6019

I bought like 5 pair for family and friends and me!! Love them so much and they are so comfy. It is a very small simple shop where they make them and sell them. I don't think you could have them shipped unless you bought them and then walked to the post office and mailed them back to your home. That would probably work. You are still in the US and so the post office is very easy to find and use. We went there and mailed post cards.

I think 2 pair would fit fine even if you don't have much room.

I just love Key West!! Wish we could have stayed longer.

Michelle

I bought a pair of kino sandels when I was there. The cost was $3.00. The sandels were in a box marked defects. I could not see anything wrong with them so I asked. The woman behind the counter said the bottom leather was not the same on both sandels. I look at it and could not tell the differents and be sides my foot would be on it. Have been wearing them ever since. Love them.

Kelly

• 3 weeks later...

The sandals look so thin. Are they not really hard on the bottom of your feet? Everyone says they are comfy but I just can't see how they can be with no padding at all. Maybe I'll have to go and try a pair on. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Callajl.....I read elsewhere on this site that Kinos is open on Sundays but just 10-3.

I was glad to read that.....the person actually picked up a brochure from the store and provided the hours of operation for the entire week.

Just thought I'd let you know. We too are going to be there on a Sunday.

Hi everyone,

My family was in Key West last Sunday from RCI's Empress of the Seas. Kino's was open for selling sandals, but no sandal makers were there. They told me they are open on Sundays ONLY when there are cruise ships in port.

I bought a nice pair of Kino sandals for approx. $11.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Key West on Sept 4, Sunday, and they were open, however, there was only one older lady behind the counter and about 20 people waiting to be helped. I was disappointed in the fact that they only had about 4 or 5 selections for men, and to me, they all looked like woman's sandels. Left without getting any and even if I found a pair, I think I would have missed my ship waiting to purchase them.

• 2 weeks later...
The sandals look so thin. Are they not really hard on the bottom of your feet? Everyone says they are comfy but I just can't see how they can be with no padding at all. Maybe I'll have to go and try a pair on. :)

My husband brought me back a pair of Kino flip flops during his most recent trip to Key West. I'm an avid flip flop wearer, but I found the Kino's very uncomfy! I don't even really like them. Oh well! :rolleyes:

I grew up in Key West and only left to go away to school and ended up staying, Kinos are a flat price for womens I know and its $9 a pair. They don't go any larger than a 10 in womens and only in certain styles. I you like a "different" style don't get used to them b/c they do change them frequently. My husband can't get them b/c they don't make them large enough, he wears a 12 in mens, i believe the largest size in mens is an 11.

• 1 month later...

Kino's are great!!! Dh and I went there last winter and I only bought one pair...

boy did I mess up! Dh and Ds went a month later and I made him bring me back a bunch more...they are comfortable , cheap and you wont find any like them back home (at least not in Ky)...They make fantastic gifts!!! most are about 10 bucks a pair...you cant hardly buy cheap foam flip flops for that and these are leather!

• 2 months later...

I check every so often on the Kinos website to see if any new styles are available, and prices (in case I can't get to Key West soon enough,) and noticed they're changing their name to Key West Sandels, and are only selling their new products through this website....no more calls to Kin.

Is Kinos still open in Key West? Has anyone actually puchased any sandels there since the hurricane this past fall?

We'll be going to KW in July, and Kinos was our first planned stop! Please let us know the Kinos status!

THANKS!!!!

Jaime

Kinos does not have a website. I imagine you are looking at Key West Sandal Factory which tries to capitalize on the Kinos name and is not even located in Key West.

Kinos is not changing their name and the store is still open on Fitzpatrick St.

Mike

Kinos is still open - we just went there last weekend (the long weekend). I don't know about any name changes though. We live in Miami and go there often. Much cheaper to buy sandals there, than to keep dd in shoes these days! The bag even said Kinos on it, so I'm not sure what the other poster was talking about. They do have a few new styles. Very nice. Enjoy.

Thanks for the help!

This is where I go and check on the current Kino's listings.

http://pcrdist.safeshopper.com/1/cat1.htm?652

Here's the "Official" Kino's Site....they do have one if you can't get to the store!

http://kinosandals.com/

Thanks Again....all help is appreciated:) !

Take care,

Jaime

Archived