Which Fjords??

momonmeds

Which fjords are the best to see and why? Misty Fjords or Kenai? We are planning a 7 night southbound cruise from Seward to Vancouver next summer. I know it's early, but I usually end up being the entertainment director for my dad, brother, husband and myself. Since I have to do most of the legwork, I need to start early.

Thanks for your input! This board is amazing!

Frankly both, since they are completely different. Misty Fjords by floatplane is excellent, giving you an air view of spectacular scenery and the vastness. Kenai Fjords via boat tour- needing at least 6 hours on the water is varied wildlife based with an extended close up glacier viewing. In the past there have been 2 for 1 coupon offers for Kenai Fjords, every year. There also has been early booking discounts for some operators to Misty Fjords.

We went to Kenai Fjords and absolutely LOVED it. I recommend it. Then again, Alaska, as a whole, was amazing. Seward is a great little town. And be sure to make the trek to Exit glacier. That was one of the coolest hikes I've ever been on.

We did a Princess Alaskan cruise that went northbound from Vancouver to Whittier, then spent another week tooling around the Anchorage/Seward area last June. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Archived